Sports Pub. aka The Anything Sports Thread. Post sports stuff here

Anything and everything sports related. From all sports. Like literally, any sport. Do not be afraid/put off by the amount of soccer on here. Post anything you want to. Please post here. Sniffles. I’m begging.

Could be news, highlights, top goals, top saves, savage ( savage meaning really really cool ) plays/passes/tricks. Anything.

I believe i am not wrong in saying we do not have a sports thread. Which is sad.

As with the nature of sports, things could get testy. For the longevity of this thread, please keep conversation overly civil. As if you are visiting your grandparents house. Bullying and other forms of put down will not be tolerated.

Hopefully this does not get locked. I will be forever sad if it does.:sob:

4 Likes

I was watching this game. Tolucas goalkeeper came up with an amazing triple save over the weekend against UNAM in Liga MX ( Mexican League first division )

4 Likes

Well, I was just contemplating starting a thread to see who's into horse racing. Not because I'm a real big fan, but because I work around horses frequently, and have been mixing a show all day about a particular thoroughbred.

I know there's at least ONE person here from Kentucky................. O.O

1 Like

@DeViLzzz likes horse racing. At least i think he does. He does go to the track. But he is Canadian.

3 Likes

My teams

# (F) 1

#8,000 or so in level of importance

I am a lifelong F1 FANatic, I can't help it, my neighbor as a kid was a racer.

The only other sport I can tolerate is the Giants. I can't watch football if they aren't playing and I don't watch any other sports. Well, Okay maybe just one other as a guilty pleasure but I wouldn't call it a sport per se.

I caught this one day while flipping channels. I don't like wrestling but this is hilarious.

2 Likes

I love Vettel. Glad to see that he is competitive this year.

I didnt watch the race over the weekend, but i did catch a glimpse of it on the news. I think Hamilton won, right?

Sniffles. I'm missing Nico.

3 Likes

Checking in.

After all his whining last season I really started to dislike him (honestly). But he definitely is a good driver and addition to the sport, just wouldn't want to drink a beer with him. Don't forget the ferraris also were quite competitive at the beginning of last season, but they were quickly surpassed because the updates were disappointing. For now its nice to see them keeping up quite well with the mercs.

Obligatory MV33 fan here (im Dutch), but secretly also a fan of hulkenberg.

Yes, Hamilton P1, Vettel P2, Verstappen P3

So far, Bottas definitely is disappointing. Spinning your car during the safety car is something to worthy of a mercedes driver.

Looking forward to bahrain this weekend

1 Like

The first ever F1 race i saw was the Malaysian GP where he wanted Mark to move out of the way. I instantly fell in love with him.

This guy is good. I remember his win last year. It was all over ESPN and the local fox news stations. I am envious of him. He packs a lot of talent for his age.

3 Likes

This literally made me rofl during the race.

Forget verstappen's win in barcelona. Brasil 2016 was truly a godlike performance. From 13th to 3th in the pouring rain and overtaking cars one by one is something only the truly talented can do. Even niki lauda literally took his hat of for jos verstappen after the race. China last weekend was a small repeat of that performance. (Starting 16th and finishing 3rd).

2 Likes

When they built Circuit of the America's in Austin, TX, I told myself:

"There will only be 1 first race"

As poor as I am I MADE IT THERE!

Lewis won and Mario Andretti handed out the trophy. I couldn't ask for a more perfect day.

1 Like

( Premier Soccer League, First Division, South Africa ) Baroka FC Goalkeeper scores in the dying moments of the game to equalize against opposing team Pirates.

3 Likes

This is something that I want to do one day. Well, at least while I am still young. I would probably fall off of a cliff or something tho.

Its a Red Bull sport called Urban Downhill.

4 Likes

Its a more violent form of rugby. Excerpt from the wiki:

After playing each other in two opening games, the two overall winners go into the final which occurs each year on June 24; this is San Giovanni (St. John)'s Day, the Patron Saint of Florence. The modern version of calcio allows tactics such as head-butting, punching, elbowing, and choking but sucker punches and kicks to the head are banned.[1] It is also prohibited for more than one player to attack an opponent. Any violation leads to being thrown out of the game.

Excerpt below taken from: https://www.quora.com/What-are-some-lesser-known-sports-around-the-world-which-are-a-big-hit-indegenously

This bloody game is an early form of football that originated in Florence,Italy in 16th century. Each team has 27 players and no substitutions are allowed for injured or expelled players. Matches last 50 minutes and are played on a field (80mx40m) covered in sand and a goal net runs the width of each end. The players try by any means necessary to get the ball into the opponents' goal. The referee makes sure the game runs smoothly and also calms down the players in case of fights, which happen quite often. Team scoring the most goals win.

The players earn no other compensation and the winning team receives a Chianina, a breed of cow or a free dinner.

Can you imagine that. No form of compensation other then a cow or a free dinner.

I would want to post a youtube video of this, but someone might not like it :frowning:

3 Likes

Other cool lesser known sports:

https://www.quora.com/What-are-some-lesser-known-sports-around-the-world-which-are-a-big-hit-indegenously

Chess Boxing looks interesting as well as Zorbing. If you are familiar with the show Rocket Power, I am sure you know what Zorbing is.

If not ( excerpt taken from quora ):

Zorbing is the recreation or sport of rolling downhill inside an orb, generally made of transparent plastic. Zorbing is generally performed on a gentle slope, but can also be done on a level surface, permitting more rider control. Though much of the publicity about this activity describe it as an extreme sport. I am not sure. It is quite extreme, but there is no competition about it, unless you compete with your friend about whether you will do it or not.

3 Likes

In news related stuff.

3 Likes

Sad news, Robert Lewandowski is not in Bayern Munich's squad against the reigning Champions League champions Real Madrid.

Images below wont embed ( even tho I used the tags ). They do work tho. You just have to click them.

Confirmed starting 11 for Real Madrid

Confirmed starting 11 for Bayern Munich

3 Likes

How I became DeViLzzz. One of the greatest moments for my favorite hockey team in the NHL. Go Devils!

1 Like

Another first for the New Jersey Devils ....

a playoff series win!

1 Like

The New Jersey Devils .....

win the Stanley Cup for the first time.

1 Like

I always thought the Devils were Canadian. Lol

4 Likes