Sports Pub. aka The Anything Sports Thread. Post sports stuff here

Its good!

Lyon are thru!

Well unfortunately the Leafs lost tonight to the Caps but hey they got the game to OT and got beat by Justin Williams who is just clutch in OT so it is just the way she goes and they just got to forget about this and they know they have definitely been competitive against the Caps so no reason they can't still win this series by winning the next two games.

As for the other game tonight ....

Thank goodness ..... despite some idiotic off ice officiating from the NHL .....

the Bruins managed to win their game in OT on Sean Kuraly's GWG. If Boston lost they would have been eliminated and on the first goal they scored in OT despite the Bruins player being shoved into the Sens goalie by a Sens player the goal was waved off. It was absolutely insane. Thank goodness the hockey gods made things right by letting Boston eventually get the winner.

1 Like

The Leafs still got one game left tho ( minimum ). It would be epic to see them win the next two games.

I do not understand hockey rules. But I am glad the Bruins won.

And Blackhawks got swept. LOL.

El clasic spoiler

Messi gets the game winning goal in ET. That also happens to be his 500th goal for Barca.

Anyone rooting for the Sens to advance?
2-1 Sens to start 3rd Period.

1 Like

I'm sad that a great guy, Eli Manning - NY Giants QB, has been caught up in a shady situation.

He may have been (It's still in court) involved in a scam to sell Super Bowl helmets for over $5000. Except, you guessed it, he didn't feel like giving away real Super Bowl helmets and he gave the buyers regular semi-worthless used helmets. At least that's what the people suing him claim.

Eli and the Giants say he has done nothing wrong. I would like to believe that because he does so many great things for the community off the field. I reserve judgement until the case is settled.

Obviously this news source is biased. Go Big Blue!

1 Like

After seeing the past CHAMPIONSHIP rigged, the NFL has zero credibility.

2 Likes

I was hoping the Bruins would advance as my one brother, now deceased, was a huge Bruins fan so I cheer them on at times. Now though with the Sens advancing all I have to say is this ...

Sens! You have one job to do! Do not let the Rags advance any further!

1 Like

I don't know about it being rigged but the facts are the NFL doesn't mind having a franchise in the league that cheats time and time again and it makes following the NFL harder for me to do these days. I no longer buy Madden. I don't go to games. I do not buy NFL products that are not video games.

1 Like

Leafs ... THEY GONE! : S

Bruins ... THEY GONE! : (

Blackhawks ... THEY GONE! : O

All three teams are NHL teams I was cheering for because of family members that had those teams as favorite teams.

Good news is though with less hockey on I decided to watch an NBA game for once and the Jazz vs Clippers game last night was awesome. I hardly watch basketball because I don't understand all the fine points about it but hopefully in the future I will just watch it because when I do watch it I enjoy it.

1 Like

Ayyy. That game is hard, bro. And defense is boring. And field goals are hard. And the ai is stupid. They never do anything good. And the body movements are weird.

Im just jelly at that game tho, as I am complete trash at it. Especially during online play.

Who go you think will win it all this year?

I think Golden State. The Cavs barely survived against the........ I forgot the name. LOL.

Sniffles. I remember when the Heat were good. Then the King left. The Wade left, and Birdman and other players as well.

I honestly don't follow the NBA closely enough to really know but I assume we will get a GS vs Cleveland NBA Finals again. I know GS is insane and Cleveland still has Lebron and Irving so yeah I will go with that as my prediction for the NBA Finals.

1 Like

I can't watch football (or any other sport for that matter) unless my Giants are playing. Last year I watched Key & Peele's livestream parody of Superbowl coverage instead of the game. It was hilarious.

Legally the NFL would not allow them to do it and they had lawyer on camera to keep them out of trouble. "Well something really exciting happened but we can't tell you what. The horsies have the ball and the kittie cats are on defense. Whoa! That dude just got scronkulated!"

This year, for the first time in my life, I completely forgot the Superbowl was on. Didn't miss much.

1 Like

Isle of Man TT 2017 soon :slight_smile: https://youtu.be/Cpa6v1BMnO0

2 Likes

Nagbe with a good goal of the week candidate.

Was getting hacked a bit right before the strike on top of it too, which makes it that much better :smiley:
1 Like

James May was at one of those races.

1 Like

Today is the day that ESPN lets go of 100 employees.

Seems to be a lot of NFL draft analysis people and hockey people.

Ayyyy. NFL Draft starts in about 3 more hours.

T.J. Swatt to the Packers. Just you watch.