Sports Pub. aka The Anything Sports Thread. Post sports stuff here

Percy Bluechip … 2 year old

3 for 3 in OSS Gold ($90K+ races)

Wow what a filly. I can’t wait to see what happens with her career.

1 Like

Well bad news always follow good news …

After asking about Wazzup Wazzup tonight and what was going on with him I suddenly come across this on Standardbred Canada.

http://www.standardbredcanada.ca/news/7-9-17/preferreds-musical-rhythm-mcwicked.html#.WZlBetFGpu0.facebook

(At the bottom of the article it states everything.)

Wazzup Wazzup has been my favorite horse for years now. When he raced I would cheer loudly for him while just watching him on simulcast. I had always dreamed of getting to Toronto to watch him race and if he won ask to be in the Winner’s Circle with him. RIP Wazzup Wazzup.

I am devastated right now.

I love harness racing. I love it for the sport of it.

A piece of me just died with this horse’s passing.

Here is his last race …

He hadn’t been racing well after they brought him back after a long layoff. I really hope they didn’t know what was wrong with horse and raced him anyway. : S

What bothers me is people knew how much I loved this horse and nobody at the track let me know of this happening.

1 Like

Wazzup Wazzup’s last win. I will miss you, RIP.

1 Like

: (

1 Like

Recently I said at least with the NHL there was less to complain about because there is no open and obvious cheating in the game but what the NHL always offers is things nobody asks for and this here rule is …

Absolutely stupid!

The idea for the league is to get calls right and a team should not be penalized for asking officials to do their damn job. Also if the head replay officials in Toronto were not totally inept the calls would be reviewed faster and I am talking about not just this type of call but others. Also in the NHL what is needed more is calling penalties for rules already in place. How about doing that? Finally the game would be more entertaining if the league would speed up this transition to smaller goalie gear so more goals would go in the freaking net and goalies would actually earn their shutouts. NHL … seriously … eh just when I was laughing at other sports leagues you remind me with this just how stupid the NHL has gotten.

1 Like

Once again cheating in sports. Seriously what is wrong with the damn world? Also in regards to baseball I can count on one hand how many baseball games at the most I have watched this year and it is because of the cheating in the past and now I see this. Hard to care about sports when these sort of things happen. At least with hockey if it is there it isn’t so easy to see. I wonder about the refs sometimes but whatever. Baseball and football are totally screwed up and then with NBA you had that ref for years calling too many fouls to make sure games went over. It was a huge scandal.

1 Like

https://horseracingwrongs.com/2017/09/09/an-old-crippled-rat-the-sad-story-of-killean-cut-kid/comment-page-1/#comment-37618

1 Like

Rams 46 Colts 9

#FirePagano

Once again he continues to start the wrong personnel. use the wrong personnel. make simple mistakes like not reviewing a TD that was clearly a TD, etc. etc. etc.

Now yes we were missing Luck and Davis but this guy has been screwing up things for a very long time even when we were winning games. Luck basically carried the team to victory despite Pagano. Pagano promised he was bringing a solid running game and an aggressive D that could also stop the run and he hasn’t delivered all he said he would do.

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

Yesterday on ESPN or Fox sports, the pundits were theorizing about Jim Harbaugh coming back to the NFL and coaching the Colts.

1 Like

Absolutely disgusting that this team, led by owner Mario Lemieux and player Sidney Crosby, would visit the White House with the Stanley Cup and have support from the NHL (Bettman seen in the photo). I guess it must be that they are white and much of what is going on does not hurt them. I honestly hope other players have a talk with these guys before they go and shame Canada where they were born and raised and hopefully the other players will not make the trip there. If they do hopefully some will use it as a means to disgrace Trump in front of the press covering the event. This is absolutely the wrong thing to be doing right now.

1 Like

@Linuxxx, maybe you should leave your political bullshit at the door.

Well… Kvyat is probably out of F1 for the next season (or forever). Sirotkin was taken from GP2, but he’s hot driving in F1 either, working as a test pilot at best. And I doubt Russian Time will allow Markelov to go into F1 (yet). Lack of russian drivers for coming years makes me a sad panda.

1 Like

Bayern have released Ancelotti. This comes after the 3-0 defeat to PSG in the Champions League and the bad start to the Bundesliga. I would love to imagine that Tuchel will get the job.

Now if only Wolfsburg would have waited to sign a new manager. Then we could have signed Ancelotti. :frowning:

Timbers 3, Orlando City 0. Was a fun game.

Valeri is on a record streak, scoring 10 goals in 9 games. I’m hoping that he’ll snag MLS MVP honors.

1 Like

Anybody been enjoying some football today? I’m getting hyped up now. Go Hawks!

1 Like

Do you think Kvyat will be gone? If so, who are Toro Rosso’s drivers going to be next season? Gasly did well today, but with Sainz going to Renault I don’t know who would fill seat 2 if not for Kvyat, despite the mess he always makes.

1 Like

Max verstappen won the GP from Malasia today :smiley:

2 Likes

you mean it wasnt mercedes for once? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Nope Red Bull this time.

1 Like