Sports Pub. aka The Anything Sports Thread. Post sports stuff here

At the age of 67 years old my dad got his first hole in one on the golf course. He deserves it too because he has worked so hard on his game in retirement. My son and I are so proud of him.

2 Likes

Top Salaries

All these drivers are proven veterans of their respective series.
Other sports like basketball and football are still far more lucrative, as shown by the list.

1. Lewis Hamilton - $46 million. The #1 driver is #10 overall.

2. Sebastian Vettel – $38.5 million

3. Fernando Alonso - $36 million

4. Jimmie Johnson - $21.8 million

5. Dale Earnhardt Jr. - $21.4 million

Check out what the overall top 10 looks like:

1. Cristiano Ronaldo - $93 million

2. LeBron James - $86.2 million

3. Lionel Messi - $80 million

4. Roger Federer - $64 million

5. Kevin Durant - $60.6 million

6. Andrew Luck - $50 million

7. Rory McIlroy - $50 million

8. Stephen Curry - $47.3 million

9. James Harden - $46.6 million

10. Lewis Hamilton - $46 million

Read more: http://autoweek.com/article/racing/richest-racers-f1s-lewis-hamilton-tops-forbes-list-top-earning-drivers#ixzz4jW2nPr5Q

1 Like

I wonder if the saying "Mo money mo problems" affects these guys.

One of the happiest days of my life was seeing my hero Mario handing a trophy to my other hero Lewis when I went to Austin.

2 Likes

Sir Patrick sure knows how to enjoy himself.

1 Like

Eeked out a draw down at Azteca, so I'm pretty okay with that.

Never really been a big fan of Michael Bradley, but he showed good control on his chip. Quite nice goal imo.

1 Like

The world's first intercontinental ballistic Air Jordan?

LOL

1 Like

Man, this is not gonna be fun for Conor. :grimacing:

1 Like

The comments are almost as funny as this article.

1 Like

I am not happy to say the least. I wanted Nolan Patrick who for 3 years had been pegged as the #1 pick for this draft. Also this Nico Hischier is Swiss and facts are there has never been a forward in the NHL who has scored 60 points so I didn't want our GM being the first to take this sort of risk. Let someone else be the first to take a Swiss player first overall. In regards to Nolan Patrick he was an MVP before and Hischier was not. Nolan Patrick also has good hockey bloodlines with his father, James Patrick, having been a really decent offensive d-man in the NHL. What I also liked about Nolan Patrick was he had size but such soft hands. His passing is unbelievable. Also the release on his shot which rates higher than Hischier is bullet like and accurate. Anyway I hope Hischier turns out to be a great player and leads the Devils to the Stanley Cup one day but honestly I wouldn't mind seeing Shero ship him off in a major trade to get McKinnon or somebody like that. I wouldn't miss Hischier that is for sure as he will always be a reminder of the player I wanted.

1 Like

I wouldn't want to be around a pissed off Lewis Hamilton tonight.

He lost the Azerbaijan F1 race today because his foam head rest came loose. He was driving 200 MPH with one hand on the wheel and one hand trying to keep the foam from flying out. Race Control made him pit stop to fix it. Dangerous driving + dangerous if he crashed.

2 Likes

This race was brutal. Not as brutal as the first GP2 race though, where only 10 out of 20 cars have finished (well, I say "finished"... at pit lane, under the red flags).

2 Likes

Skip to 3:55 for the punchline gag.

2 Likes

Hello sports friends. We are on the brink of a special day in baseball! July 1st is Bobby Bonilla Day :grinning:

On this day, the New York Mets pay Bobby Bonilla. Every July 1st until 2035 Mr. Big Fat (Bobby) gets 1.19 million. But who is Bobby Bonilla? Glad you asked. Bobby was a good ball player who the Mets made the highest paid baseball player in 1991 when they aquired. He was traded away 3.5 years later and came back to the Mets in 1998 but was a shadow of his former self.

But, Why does every real Mets fan celebrate this momentous day? It's because the Mets released Father Bob from his contract in 2000, his last year and they owed him 6 million. He didn't even play that year!

The holiday becomes more joyous when you realize, Wilpon made the deal to defer his year 2k pay because he was heavily invested in Bernie Madoffs Ponzi scheme and believed he could offset the cost of his deferred salary. My, my, my what a wonderful, celebratory occasion.

As a way to join in on the festivities, watch the following video and become a Mets fan today!

2 Likes

11:00 AM 2017 Free Agent Frenzy!!!!

I forgot this was a thing and so tomorrow at 11:00 am starts a 6 hr or so show all related to free agency and certain deals are expected to be done this day. I can't wait as I live for this sort of stuff more than the actual games themselves.

1 Like

With all the fouls Jeff Horn made I'm surprised he wasn't disqualified let alone win. :laughing: This is why nobody takes boxing seriously anymore and why McGregor vs Floyd is even a thing.

2 Likes

After a horrible day during the 2017 NHL Free Agent Frenzy in which the Devils missed on getting 4 or 5 players that surely could have helped the team and were not all going to cost loads of money the Devils land Marcus Johansson in a deal for picks. This is exactly what the team needed which was to get a young scoring forward in here and not subtract from the current roster. Go Devils!

1 Like
1 Like

Sometimes, F2/GP2 is infuriating.

Makes it look like he’s chosen the inside, pushes another driver onto the grass, immediately switches to the outside. Gets to keep his first place in the end.
1 Like

Off to a good start after a long layoff in 2017. 2 for 2 since coming back and many great years ahead for this horse …

Asap Hanover!

Oh and in this race there were other horses I love from watching them over the years but Asap Hanover is one that has had me excited for awhile now. You can see the huge potential.

1 Like