[Spoilers] Finally Beat Fallout 4 Main Storyline - My thoughts on Fallout 4

Well i’m not sure about the rest of that gif, but the end there summarizes completely and truthfully what the reality of gaming journalism has been since the seventh console generation. Insane amounts of praise for complete garbage and trash that passes for gaming. Uncharted. Perfect example.

Greg Miller on IGN. Perfect example of a cunt with no credibility. He is to gamers what Dr. Pepper is to real fucking doctors. What a fucking cunt.

The workshop bullshit is bullshit, tho.

I still think that it’s a terrible, terrible game.

1 Like

That’s what I was saying. All these factions feel either not fleshed out, or just retarded.

The BoS is my biggest problem. The way they were in Fallout 3, while different from what the BoS is supposed to be, made much more sense. Hoarding all that technology and saying “fuck everyone else” is just asking for trouble with some other group. And IIRC, that’s what happened to the main body of the BoS. They didn’t want to share, didn’t want to help, and they got wiped out.

Maybe if the player got to challenge Maxson and take over the BoS, and make them be not-retarded, it would be a much better game. Same for The Institute. As for The Minutemen… I just couldn’t care less.

~ + player.additem hehehee

I have been a fan of fallout since the original interplay masterpiece and I have to say Fallout 4 was disgraceful in terms of storytelling.

Yeah… errrgh. Idk. The story tried to present something bold with the revelation that Shaun is the Institute director. But… like. The rest of it felt like filler. It wasn’t impactful. It just didn’t do ANYTHING. I vote for Bethesda reducing the story in favour of better gameplay. Filling that roleplaying void that’s in ES and Fallout. Wanna be a bad guy? Fuck you… BUT, you can still look like one! Sick…

Fucking bullshit…

@anon43920604

OH YEAH! How could i forget! Paladin Danse reminded me of them, too. When he randomly initiated a convo. He mentioned the Enclave and referred to them as a group of rogue… something. Idk. I forgot.

I get it that the Institute are the main bad guys. But come on… We honestly are led to believe that the Lone Wanderer destroyed them all in the Capital Wasteland. They’re the remnants of the US Gov and they’re badasses. They rival the Institute in terms of research and tech. And we didn’t even actually get to SEE how the Institute make synths. Just a mention that they use massive machines.

Sick…

Bit confused r.e the synth thing, as there is a synth manufacture room in the institute… it’s creepy but cool- looks similar to West world… all 3D printing and bio baths and stuff

I agree, the Far Harbor story was a fair bit better than the main story.

I’ve been playing with mods since day one pretty much. Could never stand the “conversation wheel” for instance, was among the first thing to go.

Yeah… i just watched some videos. WTF?! Where is that room? Do you have to take the Institute storyline to see that room?

ALSO. I’m finding it difficult to use Experiment 18-A on automatic fire. I LOVE it. Especially with power armor. But Plasma Cartridges are so expensive, and they get used so quickly. I feel that Semi is more cost effective per shot. 240 damage per hit! 120 ballistic, 120 Energy. It’s a beast. But it’s expensive. And so’s the Gauss Cannon. I’m using a two-shot one. Instakills Deathclaws.

Speaking of Legendary weapon effects. CAN YOU find a Fatman with a Legendary Effect or no? I can afford the Big Boy. But haven’t bought it. Been holding off. Should i buy it or wait till i come across a Legendary effect Fatman myself? I spend a decent amount of time in the Glowing Sea just murdering tough enemies. Had multiple Legendary weapon drops. NO Fatman. I’m Level 67.