"Spare Parts" Build

I had a hard drive, some memory, GPU laying around and wanted to build a PC from it. Had to buy more memory, CPU/Mobo, and a case, but I think this came out pretty nice; I think in total I invested about $150. Just wanted to share.

13 hr Prime95 test - Temps are 73ºC max w/ ~31ºC ambient

Specs are:

• Intel Core i5 750 @ 3.4GHz (Cooled by Zalman CNPS5X Performa)
  • ASUS P7H55-M
  • 8GB DDR3
  • EVGA GTX 760 ACX SC
  • Storage: 500GB Seagate Barracuda, 64 GB Crucial M4 for games.
  • Antec P180 Mini
  • PSU: Rosewill Xtreme RX750-S-B
5 Likes

GTX 760 as a spare part just laying around? Nice card to have just laying around. LOL! I like though that you kept it and just made another build. Most of the time I find when selling away pc parts used you hardly get much for them and in the future you wish you hadn’t sold it. A very nice secondary build. On that note I wish I could build and build and build. Hoping that in the future one day I will find a way to be able to do that. Thanks for sharing your build log.

3 Likes

I upgraded to a R9 380x and haven’t gotten around to selling the 760. I originally got the 760 during the Bitcoin craze that made comparable AMD gpus out of reach. I was also hopeful G-Sync would be affordable. Eventually I got tired of nVidia, and gave up on G-sync. I invested in FreeSync Ultrawide instead of G-Sync monitor and got an AMD GPU to use FreeSync. Of course the RX 480 comes out shortly after I get a 380x. -.-

3 Likes

That would make the perfect build to try out Linux Gaming :slight_smile:

1 Like