Space Engineers (and It's logic defying poor performance)

Beware the Clank!

I'm going to slip this in.
Factorio
I don't think anyone has ever had a bug or any sort of problem with the game. It's wonderful.

1 Like

I know right???!?!?!

The factorio dev's are gods!
It's mind blowing how optimized factorio is! The shear number of moving parts on screen (and off) is staggering and it all runs flawlessly!

I'm freak'in stoked about 1.13 coming out soon! I've been holding off playing it to make my next play through awesome.

Except when I'm monitoring the load on the CPU's and it's cores it isn't even being put under max load.

It is not Voxel based.

Apart from it using 4GB VRAM and 7GB RAM in loading screen, everything is normal. I get higher loads on single cores in Heroes of the Storm and higher GPU loads in Minecraft. Core 2, 4, 6 and 8 are used by SE (total load of 23%). The rest is my taskbar mess. For comparison (TekSyndicate Forum open in Vivaldi):

1 Like

It was revealed to me when I was playing it in-game on one of the servers. Probably just word of mouth, but the Empyrion guys broke off from Space Engineers, you can go dig it up if you like. That sort of thing is quite common really.

I would say SE has better SPACE feel and transitions atm, however it is much further along. There are going to be many graphics update passes to Empyrion at some stage, its just the team wants to work on stability/performance/functionality before content. I wish Space Engineers started that way, now we must wait until its a complete title before the devs will fix the performance issues on SE.....

Isn't Factorio a factory tycoon game? kinda nothing like SE or E

1 Like

It's the exact same thing just not 3D. It's a 2d look down.

It's the exact same thing but not in every way...

Its the same idea and concept just looks different.

Factorio is extremely different from SE.

It was only mentioned I think because it's also an indie title but the dev's actually know how to make an alpha/beta that's fun to play and doesn't make you rage quit when all your shit explodes.

1 Like

Grip is currently early access but it works great and looks good.
There are many great titles that did things right Space Engineers did wrong.

1 Like