Source code for both CS:GO and TF2 has been leaked

According to SteamDB and the actual leak on certain boards the sourcecode of TF2 and CS:GO dated 2017/2018 have been leaked because Tyler McVicker of VNN fame gave it to his circle of buddies, or so the story goes right now.

Maybe this means I will finally get some good TF2 updates again.

1 Like

Unlikely. As trolled and hacked as those games were already, I can’t imagine what it’ll be like with someone having complete access.

Not sure if celebrating this is the right move.

3 Likes

It’s going to be quite literally unplayable with this shiz going on.

1 Like

Oh they are likely going to be ravaged now no question about it, or at least TF2 that is. My hope is pretty much only with regards to fan projects hopefully being able to get something out of this.

Here are some chat logs allegedly belonging to Tyler and an unnamed Valve employee: https://archive.li/5b3kQ
His reactions on Social media seem damning but apply salt liberally to stuff like this.

Honestly, knowing how aimbots and whatnot are developed, I know that it won’t change shit. Maybe slightly more efficient, but definitely not any better.

1 Like

If anything, it’s an excellent opportunity to examine Source (the engine) and make improvements like working on getting Vulkan working in older Source games or ones OTHER than Dota 2.

So you don’t follow Creators TF? They have been putting out studio quality content for a long time.

Sadly as a result of this leak they have shut their servers. Hackers are one thing with their aimbots, it is the potential for Remote Code Execution that had them worried.