SoundCloud Go - A Blow to the Music Industry?

I don't go to soundcloud but I used too. I only went there for upcoming artist or remixes. You could get 320kbps mp3 files or full albumns, but only if you're an early bird. It was pretty cool cuz the later albumn or song could be NOT free to download no more and you had to rip the 128kbps sample copy on soundcloud.
Almost all good free mp3 websites with legit mp3 basically went a subscription or small pay model/donation link in a way.

Honestly I'd rather have a donation/humble bundle type payment where u donate anywhere from .5 per son or 3-20 dollar per albumn than subs. I've added so many good indie music from there but no I never go to it no more cuz of their payment model and almost every up and coming artist don't have free samples no more.

It's kinda fallen out sorta like crunchyroll and hulu & http://www.thisisfanatical.com. I mean why should I pay to watch ads if I'm a paid member? Also when I can find 3rd party websites that host the files I want for free? I mean it's really unfair too cuz some downloads are fast and it's like free only up the the first 50,000 downloaders or some crap? It's like if you downloaded skrillex before he was famous and all his albumns, and later they are being sold 20 bucks an albumn, when you got them for free, would you sharing your MP3 make you a pirate?

Yeah, like I said: this may get worse in the long run.

I remember his Bangarang EP was free on SC for a while before he blew up.

Yeah, SoundCloud is a great platform for people aspiring to make their stuff visible to the poblic
With the growing mass of subscribers, SoundCloud is growing exponentially

@Aman_Middha Thanks for contributing, however, this topic is 3 years old. Please consider making a new thread, and linking back to this one if you would like to continue the discussion. Thanks!

1 Like