Sony Vaio Pro 13 Review

Hardware Specifications

• Model: SVP132A1CM (Norwegian keyboard layout)
  • CPU: Intel Core i5-4200U (1.6Ghz )
  • Graphics: Intel HD 4400
  • Display Size: 13.3-inch 1920×1080
  • Screen Type: LED-Backlit LCD. Glossy
  • Backlit keyboard. Mini cursor keys. Large trackpad.
  • RAM: 4GB (Soldered to the fucking mother board :C )
  • SSD: 128GB ( One of the neew PCi M.2 SSD’s )
  • Battery capacity: 37 Wh non-removable with external battery expansion connector.
  • Weight: 1.05 KGs (measured with 37Wh batt)
  • Ports: HDMI (full size), Full SD card slot. USB3.0 x 2,  headset, extended battery connector.
  • WiFi/BT4.0 – Centrino N 7260 AGN with WiDi/WiUSB
  • Integrated Web Cam( 1 megapixel)

Dimensions

sony-vaio-pro-13-dimensions

I finally got my shit together and bough a laptop.

My requirements for a laptop was that it should be great for anything as simple as web browsing, writing, to more complicated tasks such as running virtual machines, programming in Python and Visual Basic(stfu C++ elitists, nobody loves you).

My previous laptop was a Lenovo Thinkpad Edge 14 that i got for super cheap when I started my first year of secondary school, It was a decent laptop for word processing and web browsing, but it quickly became too weak as my requirements and skills grew into complicated things such as virtual machines and multimedia(Music Production, Image manipulation etc).

So I went to the local electronics store to test laptops, the way I test laptops is to actually go up to the laptop, turn it on and fuck about with it for awhile, maybe play a youtube video, check how smoothly it changes windows and how fast the file explorer pops up when you try to go to various folders.

I feel like its important to actually physically test a laptop before buying it, as you can’t really judge how you will like a laptop by watching videos, reading reviews and spec sheets online, you have to actually have hands-on testing to judge a laptop in my opinion.

READ THE REST ON MY BLOG: Sony Vaio Pro 13 Review