Sond card and onboard audio

I have an Asrock Extreme 6 mobo and a Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 zs sound card. I have my Steelseies 7H headsed connected to the sound card and some Creative Gigaworks T20 II 2.0 speekers connected to the onboard audio. When I want to switch between the two I go to playback devices and change it there.

What I would like to know is if it's possible to have both the speekers and the headset active at the same time so I don't have to change the playback devices settings all the time and which is better, the sound card or the onboard audio.

The drivers for the sound card don't work that well on win 8 so I can't get the mic to work with it.

yes, you can, I think... just set the priority of the headset higher than the onboard, and it should switch when the headset is connected or disconnected. it works that way for me, with my usb headset. when I unplug the usb receiver, it switches to my hdmi audio, and I assusme it would do the same for my onboard.

anyways, an addon sound card is usually alot better than the onboard audio. you could try hooking the mic up to the onboard, and the speakers to the card. I'm pretty sure that the mic devices are managed seperatly from playback devices.

Still having some problems here but tanks anyway.