Some games not loading on steam?

Ok, what about OBS, kdenlive, REAPER, ardour, abiword, terminator, and all of my publishing tools, Dev shit, photography tools.

I’m going to be cynical about it :stuck_out_tongue: I might give it a shot. I just wish it had XFCE.

For development:

sudo eopkg it -c system.devel
sudo eopkg it linux-lts-headers

https://solus-project.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8790

OBS is available through software center, unsure about the rest, but they usually carry the most popular ones. Anything else you can manually install via tarball.

found a github issue for steam-native not loading on Ubuntu. Not an actual solution, but solutions are offered that may work.

I dont use ubuntu currently, so not sure how much help that will be, but its better than nothing.

Found a new thing with CS:S today. Seems that it doesn’t recognise XFS for some reason, or at least the filesystem interfacing library doesn’t want to.

1 Like

Yeah thats a know issue

Like how do you fuck that up?

Another update now: CSGO crashes when I die.

Uhhhhhh…?

Uncommon file system for most users. XFS, ZFS, BTRFS are not ideal for gaming so they [Canonical and Vavle] probably decided to not waste time on an outlier with their limited resources. It is a known issue and there are work arounds listed on the Gentoo and Arch wikis.

Have you ever thought of just duel [multi] booting into different distros for different purposes? Sounds like you are making things hard on yourself. Maybe this would be easier for you?

Right, well first off this is the first time I have EVER heard of this being an issue and I have been using XFS for 8 of the 10 years I’ve been a linux user. Its part of my workflow at this point, you know? If you don’t use XFS you don’t get how amazing it is to never have to copy something to another folder on a hard drive.

Yeah, I could dual boot, or I could find what broke.

I have been a Gnu/Linux user much longer but that is besides the point. File systems are great for their use cases but sometimes they can create problems on their own when used outside of their use cases.

The file system issue is because of Valve and the environment that Canonical provides to them. May have better luck in non native mode.

To find out what broke, you need to bisect. Since you do not have the source code, that is hard to do so you need to run in verbose mode, from the teminal, using LD and the other tips and hints that we have been trying to point you towards.

You may also want to run the Beta version of Steam which can be configured in the settings/options menu of Steam.

Lastly, I see that you have posted in the general Linux Issue thread. I recommend that you update your post to link to this thread so that the convo can continue in a logical fashion.

Either way, good luck.

1 Like

Fixed. Fucked libs that were carried from antergos to xubuntu that xubuntu broke. Pain in the ass. Anyways blew it all out and I am playing CSS just fine now. I assume everything else is fine now, too.

1 Like

Why not just have one drive with Windows on it and other drives with other operating systems on it? Heck you can also partition drives. I don’t know why people insist on making things so difficult.

I don’t make things difficult there, honestly windows does. I had windows 7 for gaming prior to my rx580. Upon the upgrade, windows, directx specifically, refused to recognise that my rx580 was real. Opetgl and vulkan jworkedmfine. Dx? Fuck no. Do to ten none of my networking hardware works and my data connuction is stuffed full of bullshit.

I don’t overcomplicate. If anything I over simplify, and for just source gawes and a few unreal based games to be the trigger for people to yell at me to go to windows… I mean I’m a linux userwof 10 years, I don’t fucking know shit about windows. I know I download exes and get viruses passively and in 6 months my machine is a slug from me doing youtube and counter strike.

Linux? I kknow how it works. I can bugfix my stuff, I have my apps that I use thatmaren’t anywhere else, terwinal is a daily tool for me, gaming isn’t a problem… Its not cowplex. At all. Its actuallyma lot easier for me to do it myself and know whats going on rather than be on here asking if anything changed from xp because thats the last windows I know anything about. I know more aboun osx and amigaOS than I do about windows.

Literally going to windows would be the biggest pain in the ass for me.

Welcome newfriend.

Well thats rood.

Maybe but I know 2 things to be true from my time here. Aremis likes amd and linux. Anything else can get right the fuck out of here.

2 Likes

HAHA thats not even right. I love AMD GPU’s and I spent a lot of time working on some tiny stuff with the AMDGPU drivers to get 250X and 250 compatibility in the works (though I did a very small amount of work before someone actually did it) and my AMD CPU’s have never let me down. I’ll say it till I die, my phenom was better at streaming than my current Xeon, and thats a 3 year difference in technologies!

With the linux thing, its that I have used it for so long that I don’t really know any other system, and when I use something like windows theres tech that isn’t there, the filesystem tree doesn’t make any sense, NTFS is a mess… I have a list of shit I don’t like about windows in some thread somewhere where some weeb wanted to fight about it. But you know what? OSX is cool. BSD is cool. DOS is great, and I don’t mind windows XP. But to just go “But windows has more users” as a reason to not use the thing I know how to use pretty well?.. Thats pretty stupid.

That being said, am I against windows? Well no, I can play dark souls there. That might be the only argument I have to use it… but hey dark souls is pretty good. Intel? Not really against them just their practices are fucking annoying. I’m using a Xeon right now. I didn’t throw it away because it wasn’t the magical green badge of AMD. Thats kinda stupid to waste that sorta thing. Plus if I’m going to argue with people about processors I’ll bring in PPC and big / bi-endian chips against little endian messes.

I’m hardly a fanboy, I’m just resourceful and I go off what I know.