After some time of issues with the BIOS of my Gigabyte Aorus X370 Gaming 5, one of my USB ports on the back decided to only deliver power but no data anymore. I tried a few things (keyboard, USB thumb drive, tablet, etc.) to confirm this. The devices get power but no data.
After a quick chat with Amazon I was told to send it back for a refund. Which means I now need a new mobo.
X470 because, why not go for the newer gen? And the Gaming 5 and K7 are not in stock.
As for requirements:
- I want my RAM to work with it (Ballistix Sport LT BLS2K8G4D240FSCK). While Crucial states it’s compatible, the vendors seem to leave that out or not bother updating the list. Or Crucial is bullshitting.
- Min. 6x SATA, 1x m.2 NVME support. Preferably no SATA ports disabled in any relevant config.
- 6+ ext. USB ports
- Dual BIOS would be really nice.
- Nice for simple OC (R7 1700 @ 3.85GHz, 1.3V), meaning VRM not getting toasty and/or heatsink not being shit
- stable BIOS
- post code
- ATX (as I don’t see a reason to go any smaller and larger won’t fit)
- BCLK OC. Don’t care for it as I don’t want to do all the annoying testing.
- Wifi. No need for that.
As for budget, not really relevant, as I’ll get the 200€ I paid for my X370 refunded.
Actual use case aside, I want a solid mobo.
Mobos I looked up so far and am considering: Asrock Taichi, Asus Crosshair VII Hero, Gigabyte Gaming 7 Wifi
I’m looking forward to your recommendations and answers to possible questions I have.