(Solved) Windows 10 Reinstalling bloatware

I recently reinstalled windows 10 fall creators update and its constantly reinstalling all of the trash bloat ware. I have tried the registry edit to try and stop it and uninstalling the store app. Its starting to piss me off that it keeps installing that trash.

This is registry edit i did.
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CloudContent]
"DisableWindowsConsumerFeatures "=dword:00000001

I’m not sure if it will meet all your requirements but shutup10 might help;

https://www.oo-software.com/en/shutup10

1 Like

I have used that and they still keep coming back. i don’t know if i don’t have something ticked when i need to have. i can upload the config for it.

1 Like

Linux is awaiting you, come to the dark side!

p.s. This is a joke just thought it will be funny.

3 Likes
6 Likes

I want to switch to Linux but im pretty sure i have to buy a new mobo cpu and ram. to do iommu. I hate windows and all of the bs it has.

1 Like

Well yeah buying stuff especially when you don’t want or don’t have the money is a no-no situation.
Do you have to be on Windows 10 ? Did you upgrade to it or you bought it ? If possible go back from where you have updated (if).

if you move over to Slackware you will get very cool/funny sayings on boot time… ie
Custard committed siouxicide .
Slackware is a smart ass too… I log into super user and do password… I typed it wrong cause cap locks was on. It kept giving me smart ass remarks.
" you type like i drive"
“do you even know what a keyboard is for?“
So come on over the water is fine.
” I really hate this computer, I think i might just sell it.
It never does what I want… only what I tell it.”

Yeah i kinda have to be on windows for the games and programs i use. I bought it but i may or may not have a gray market key.

But Candy Crush Saga is life.

2 Likes

I just log into win 10 for games, and try to do everything else in linux. Can you shift back to win 7? It was a great version.

I hate 7 and also i don’t have a key for 7. Don’t want to have to reboot just to play a game or do something in autodesk or adobe. I want to do iommu but im pretty sure i cant do it on my cpu and mobo. And I cant go out and buy a new cpu mobo and ram right now.

You might be able to set up a Linux host and a Windows guest machine with your current system, What are the specs of your current system?

Noticed this too… even installs it in audit mode which essentially breaks everything and it can’t be put back into oobe without gutting everything… obviously that’s a pretty big PITA for a system integrator such as myself :expressionless:

Its possible but more research on your part is needed. I use a combo of Toggle tweaker/ firewall/winaero/reg edits/ antivirus that hardens the system files from changes including changes from MS. More likely an easier way out there :slight_smile:

i5 4690k. 16 gigs of ram and a gtx 1070.

I had been looking every where but every thing i try doesn’t work and they still keep coming back. If im missing some thing tell me. I have tried to do this and it doesn’t work as windows spotlight doesn’t show up.

Are using the store and its services in anyway ? Winaero Tweaker would be the easiest way.

https://winaero.com/

behavior / stops ad and unwanted apps.

Be sure to go through the list completely and see if something you need or want is there.

3 Likes

No i don’t use that trash. Ill give that a try. thanks.

Personally… I nuke the store bing edge cortana customer feedback…ect.