[SOLVED] UnRAID Unable to access Internet

Hello, all. I’m not exactly sure what’s going on here, and I hope that either I can fix it, or someone can help me fix it. I have an UnRAID server that acts as a storage server, plex server, and docker host. Randomly, while I was setting up a thinclient, I received a pulseway notification saying my main storage server had gone offline. I plugged in a monitor, and I could see the command line. I could access the webGUI, and I could use everything locally. I tried pinging my gateway, and it was successful. When I tried pinging google.com, it failed, saying “ping: google.com: Name or service not known.” If I try and ping an external IP, it fails and says “ping: connect: Network is unreachable.” Every other device on the same network can access the internet… What am I doing wrong?

use the same ip twice? assign same nic or something

I do have two nics, but one is ported down. It doesn’t have an IP, nor is it connected with a cable. It did have an IP at one point, but it was different than the first.

Does unraid have logs? can you post from around the time of the error?

It does. The entirety of the logs, without digging through the file, is flooded by “Mar 31 20:53:28 DeltaVII pulseway: Error while registering computer:SOAP 1.1 fault SOAP-ENV:Server[no subcode]#012"No Recovery”#012Detail: get host by name failed in tcp_connect()"

I did also realize that Avahi mDNS is not seeing my primary nic as a relevant interface… It only sees my bonds and my secondary nic, even though it’s ported down.

Nevermind, I solved the issue. I remembered that unraid sometimes has problems if an interface has an ip address when it is disconnected. Thank you for your help.

1 Like