[SOLVED] Show Desktop (Windows Based Function)

Just wondering if there’s a way to show the desktop on a Mac like how you can for Windows. I know about Mission Control, but it doesn’t show the desktop.

I last used Mac OS X in 10.6 or something but back then I could even do this with the active edges (or Hot Corners) thing. Not sure if that’s even still a thing, but you were able to slide all windows to the edge of the screen at once (and reverse it).

Pretty sure they had a fancy name for it, can’t remember though. It was definitely possible back then.

Apparently F11 (or Cmd+F11 depending on settings).

Worked! Thanks

(I would mark solved or whatever, but the option doesn’t appear)

It’s been so much time later, and I still can’t mark your response as the solution to the problem.

This is pissing me off.

I think that’s only activated in some of the sub categories ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

I got it.

Just for future knowledge. Not all threads are “compatible” with the feature. If compatible is the right word here.

EDIT: Whoops. Looks like I can’t either. I should have tried before commenting. I thought that just because I was a higher privileged user I could change things… I did add the solved text tho. :smiley:

I think it needs to be enabled on a board-by-board level, not necessarily by user privilege :slight_smile:

1 Like