[SOLVED] PLEX no remote connection

Hello world.

I’ve setup my Plex media server on a machine that I recently built for htpc and a lan pc just in case. I’ve setup inbound rules in windows firewall for 32400, I also set these in the router Asus RT-AC51u. UDP and TCP. I set also UPNP and I also checked if it would work with the autoassign port so I added those also in the portforwarding.

I took some images of my settings. I tested also another router with portforwarding and everything. I have done portforwarding and server setup things before, so I have no clue why it doesn’t work

Image link removed

Also updated plex to latest beta. I opened it also with admin rights. I checked their forums but not much I could figure out there.

Pic 18/20, manually specify public port 32400. That’s the only port you need. Then just run the check again / retry button.

edit: r.jpg

1 Like

In picture a.jpg you can see that I specified, or do you mean lan routes in picture n.jpg?

2 Likes

Further investigated and found out that it is something with the portforwarding. I was able to open up the Page on a different computer.

I got in touch with the ISP as it was their provided router and they helped me out. Both private and public ports were set to 32400.

UPNP didn’t seem to work.

That’s probably a good thing. :grinning:

4 Likes