[SOLVED]Netgear 6210 wifi adapter not installing

It worked! ThankS for the help!

1 Like

Great going @vladnik!

Glad you got your problem solved OP.

And I added the [SOLVED] text to the title.

Glad I could help! :smiley:

Please edit the title of this thread to correct the number to “6210” and include “Ubuntu 18.04” and “[solved]” at the end so that others can find it more easily. For reference, on a fresh Ubuntu 18.04 install you do the following:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get install git make gcc libelf-dev
git clone -b port-to-4.15 https://github.com/kaduke/Netgear-A6210
cd Netgear-A6210
make
sudo make install
sudo reboot

Thanks @Goalkeeper! This was actually my first linux troubleshoot on a forum, I’m super glad I could help resolve the issue!

2 Likes

I’ve literally been trying for over 6 hours trying to get this working then luckily I stumbled across this thread and It’s working perfectly!! I’m so impressed I registered just to say than you :smiley: <3

1 Like

Welcome to the forum bro!

1 Like

I also wanted to say thanks for all your time to solve this.

With that being said, i might just be slow (I wont argue that…) or just worn out not thinking from working to much. But anyway…

So i followed everything you listed here and it seems to have installed fine. (Which is not the first time.) but after a reboot and restarting network manager and everything listed above i still don’t see any trace of the Netgear, i only see my default wireless card.

Please help

AlimorA

Okay so I am trying to set up a wireless connection in kali linux on my vmware workstation. i followed these commands

rm -rf ~/Netgear-A6210
git clone https://github.com/kaduke/Netgear-A6210
cd Netgear-A6210
make
sudo make install

and everything went fine it finished but nothing popped up. im connected to the internet but its the same way i have been from the start it says it is through an ethernet not wifi and i have no wlan0 when i do ifconfig. i want to connect to wifi using my adapter but it wont show up as any networks discoverable. please help! I would love to use some of the programs on kali but i need wifi in order to do so.

I’m new to linux and learning in Kali linux. I’m having issue installing Netgear A6210 wifi adapter driver. Please see the error below: Thanks for your help in advance.
root/Netgear-A6210/include/os/rt_linux.h:142:18: warning: ISO C90 forbids mixed declarations and code [-Wdeclaration-after-statement]
142 | #define __inline static inline
| ^~~~~~
/usr/src/linux-headers-5.4.0-kali3-common/include/linux/compiler_types.h:210:24: note: in expansion of macro ‘__inline’
210 | #define asm_inline asm __inline
| ^~~~~~~~
/usr/src/linux-headers-5.4.0-kali3-common/arch/x86/include/asm/bug.h:35:2: note: in expansion of macro ‘asm_inline’
35 | asm_inline volatile(“1:\t” ins “\n”
| ^~~~~~~~~~
/usr/src/linux-headers-5.4.0-kali3-common/arch/x86/include/asm/bug.h:79:2: note: in expansion of macro ‘_BUG_FLAGS’
79 | _BUG_FLAGS(ASM_UD2, BUGFLAG_WARNING|(flags));
| ^~~~~~~~~~
/usr/src/linux-headers-5.4.0-kali3-common/include/asm-generic/bug.h:90:19: note: in expansion of macro ‘__WARN_FLAGS’
90 | #define __WARN() __WARN_FLAGS(BUGFLAG_TAINT(TAINT_WARN))
| ^~~~~~~~~~~~
/usr/src/linux-headers-5.4.0-kali3-common/include/asm-generic/bug.h:115:3: note: in expansion of macro ‘__WARN’
115 | __WARN();
| ^~~~~~
/root/Netgear-A6210/os/linux/…/…/common/rtmp_init_inf.c:491:3: note: in expansion of macro ‘WARN_ON’
491 | WARN_ON(1); //just to catch red handed
| ^~~~~~~
make[3]: *** [/usr/src/linux-headers-5.4.0-kali3-common/scripts/Makefile.build:271: /root/Netgear-A6210/os/linux/…/…/common/rtmp_init_inf.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [/usr/src/linux-headers-5.4.0-kali3-common/Makefile:1665: /root/Netgear-A6210/os/linux] Error 2
make[1]: *** [/usr/src/linux-headers-5.4.0-kali3-common/Makefile:179: sub-make] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory ‘/usr/src/linux-headers-5.4.0-kali3-amd64’
make: *** [Makefile:65: debug] Error 2

This worked. Thank you.

Hi @vladnik,

I installed the drivers for Netgear A6210 as like you mentioned.

The wifi get disconnected after using for few minutes, it doesn’t connect unless or until I reboot the PC. Could you please help me on this?

can u please help me too with this issue…getting something like this when i tried ur previous methods…can u please help me to set it up…
gcc: error: unrecognized command-line option ‘–param=allow-store-data-races=0’; did you mean ‘–allow-store-data-races’?
make[3]: *** [/usr/src/linux-headers-5.4.0-kali3-common/scripts/Makefile.build:271: /Netgear-A6210/os/linux/…/…/sta/assoc.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [/usr/src/linux-headers-5.4.0-kali3-common/Makefile:1665: /Netgear-A6210/os/linux] Error 2
make[1]: *** [/usr/src/linux-headers-5.4.0-kali3-common/Makefile:179: sub-make] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory ‘/usr/src/linux-headers-5.4.0-kali3-amd64’
make: *** [Makefile:65: debug] Error 2
make -C /Netgear-A6210/os/linux -f Makefile.6 install
make[1]: Entering directory ‘/Netgear-A6210/os/linux’
rm -rf /etc/Wireless/RT2870STA
mkdir -pv /etc/Wireless/RT2870STA
mkdir: created directory ‘/etc/Wireless/RT2870STA’
cp /Netgear-A6210/conf/RT2870STA.dat /etc/Wireless/RT2870STA/.
install -d /lib/modules/5.4.0-kali3-amd64/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/
install -m 644 -c mt7662u_sta.ko /lib/modules/5.4.0-kali3-amd64/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/
install: cannot stat ‘mt7662u_sta.ko’: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [Makefile.6:725: install] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory ‘/Netgear-A6210/os/linux’
make: *** [Makefile:77: install] Error 2
root@kali:/Netgear-A6210#

hi@vladnik can u please sort it out for me…

hi @vladnik