[SOLVED]Netgear 6210 wifi adapter not installing

sorry, that didnt work either. Im probably going to have to find another wifi adapter.

That’s strange, it worked flawlessly in my VM just now. What does it say now?

‘’'export DBGFLAGS

*** Building driver with debug messages ***

cp -f os/linux/Makefile.6 /home/kevin/Netgear-A6210-master/os/linux/Makefile
make -C /lib/modules/4.15.0-33-generic/build DBGFLAGS=-DDBG SUBDIRS=/home/kevin/Netgear-A6210-master/os/linux modules
make[1]: Entering directory ‘/usr/src/linux-headers-4.15.0-33-generic’
CC [M] /home/kevin/Netgear-A6210-master/os/linux/…/…/sta/assoc.o
CC [M] /home/kevin/Netgear-A6210-master/os/linux/…/…/sta/auth.o
CC [M] /home/kevin/Netgear-A6210-master/os/linux/…/…/sta/auth_rsp.o
CC [M] /home/kevin/Netgear-A6210-master/os/linux/…/…/sta/sync.o
CC [M] /home/kevin/Netgear-A6210-master/os/linux/…/…/sta/sanity.o
CC [M] /home/kevin/Netgear-A6210-master/os/linux/…/…/sta/rtmp_data.o
CC [M] /home/kevin/Netgear-A6210-master/os/linux/…/…/sta/connect.o
CC [M] /home/kevin/Netgear-A6210-master/os/linux/…/…/sta/wpa.o
CC [M] /home/kevin/Netgear-A6210-master/os/linux/…/…/sta/sta_cfg.o
CC [M] /home/kevin/Netgear-A6210-master/os/linux/…/…/sta/sta.o
CC [M] /home/kevin/Netgear-A6210-master/os/linux/…/…/os/linux/sta_ioctl.o
In file included from ./include/linux/bitmap.h:9:0,
from ./include/linux/cpumask.h:12,
from ./arch/x86/include/asm/cpumask.h:5,
from ./arch/x86/include/asm/msr.h:11,
from ./arch/x86/include/asm/processor.h:21,
from ./arch/x86/include/asm/cpufeature.h:5,
from ./arch/x86/include/asm/thread_info.h:53,
from ./include/linux/thread_info.h:38,
from ./arch/x86/include/asm/preempt.h:7,
from ./include/linux/preempt.h:81,
from ./include/linux/spinlock.h:51,
from ./include/linux/seqlock.h:36,
from ./include/linux/time.h:6,
from ./include/linux/stat.h:19,
from ./include/linux/module.h:10,
from /home/kevin/Netgear-A6210-master/include/os/rt_linux.h:14,
from /home/kevin/Netgear-A6210-master/include/rtmp_os.h:30,
from /home/kevin/Netgear-A6210-master/include/rtmp_comm.h:64,
from /home/kevin/Netgear-A6210-master/os/linux/…/…/os/linux/sta_ioctl.c:33:
In function ‘memcpy’,
inlined from ‘rt_ioctl_iwaplist’ at /home/kevin/Netgear-A6210-master/os/linux/…/…/os/linux/sta_ioctl.c:549:2:
./include/linux/string.h:340:4: error: call to ‘__read_overflow2’ declared with attribute error: detected read beyond size of object passed as 2nd parameter
__read_overflow2();
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
scripts/Makefile.build:332: recipe for target ‘/home/kevin/Netgear-A6210-master/os/linux/…/…/os/linux/sta_ioctl.o’ failed
make[2]: *** [/home/kevin/Netgear-A6210-master/os/linux/…/…/os/linux/sta_ioctl.o] Error 1
Makefile:1552: recipe for target ‘module/home/kevin/Netgear-A6210-master/os/linux’ failed
make[1]: *** [module/home/kevin/Netgear-A6210-master/os/linux] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory ‘/usr/src/linux-headers-4.15.0-33-generic’
Makefile:59: recipe for target ‘debug’ failed
make: *** [debug] Error 2

Do a make clean and then reboot the machine and try again.

well I think it installed… It didnt pop up with anything

Cool. Unplug your wifi dongle and plug it back in and it should now work.

so it looks like it did install, but im not seeing any networks

Reboot. Check for networks. If you see no networks, unplug the dongle and plug it back in. If you still see no networks, run sudo service network-manager restart to restart your network manager.

1 Like

It worked! ThankS for the help!

1 Like

Great going @vladnik!

Glad you got your problem solved OP.

And I added the [SOLVED] text to the title.

Glad I could help! :smiley:

Please edit the title of this thread to correct the number to “6210” and include “Ubuntu 18.04” and “[solved]” at the end so that others can find it more easily. For reference, on a fresh Ubuntu 18.04 install you do the following:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get install git make gcc libelf-dev
git clone -b port-to-4.15 https://github.com/kaduke/Netgear-A6210
cd Netgear-A6210
make
sudo make install
sudo reboot

Thanks @Goalkeeper! This was actually my first linux troubleshoot on a forum, I’m super glad I could help resolve the issue!

2 Likes

I’ve literally been trying for over 6 hours trying to get this working then luckily I stumbled across this thread and It’s working perfectly!! I’m so impressed I registered just to say than you :smiley: <3

1 Like

Welcome to the forum bro!

1 Like

I also wanted to say thanks for all your time to solve this.

With that being said, i might just be slow (I wont argue that…) or just worn out not thinking from working to much. But anyway…

So i followed everything you listed here and it seems to have installed fine. (Which is not the first time.) but after a reboot and restarting network manager and everything listed above i still don’t see any trace of the Netgear, i only see my default wireless card.

Please help

AlimorA

Okay so I am trying to set up a wireless connection in kali linux on my vmware workstation. i followed these commands

rm -rf ~/Netgear-A6210
git clone https://github.com/kaduke/Netgear-A6210
cd Netgear-A6210
make
sudo make install

and everything went fine it finished but nothing popped up. im connected to the internet but its the same way i have been from the start it says it is through an ethernet not wifi and i have no wlan0 when i do ifconfig. i want to connect to wifi using my adapter but it wont show up as any networks discoverable. please help! I would love to use some of the programs on kali but i need wifi in order to do so.

I’m new to linux and learning in Kali linux. I’m having issue installing Netgear A6210 wifi adapter driver. Please see the error below: Thanks for your help in advance.
root/Netgear-A6210/include/os/rt_linux.h:142:18: warning: ISO C90 forbids mixed declarations and code [-Wdeclaration-after-statement]
142 | #define __inline static inline
| ^~~~~~
/usr/src/linux-headers-5.4.0-kali3-common/include/linux/compiler_types.h:210:24: note: in expansion of macro ‘__inline’
210 | #define asm_inline asm __inline
| ^~~~~~~~
/usr/src/linux-headers-5.4.0-kali3-common/arch/x86/include/asm/bug.h:35:2: note: in expansion of macro ‘asm_inline’
35 | asm_inline volatile(“1:\t” ins “\n”
| ^~~~~~~~~~
/usr/src/linux-headers-5.4.0-kali3-common/arch/x86/include/asm/bug.h:79:2: note: in expansion of macro ‘_BUG_FLAGS’
79 | _BUG_FLAGS(ASM_UD2, BUGFLAG_WARNING|(flags));
| ^~~~~~~~~~
/usr/src/linux-headers-5.4.0-kali3-common/include/asm-generic/bug.h:90:19: note: in expansion of macro ‘__WARN_FLAGS’
90 | #define __WARN() __WARN_FLAGS(BUGFLAG_TAINT(TAINT_WARN))
| ^~~~~~~~~~~~
/usr/src/linux-headers-5.4.0-kali3-common/include/asm-generic/bug.h:115:3: note: in expansion of macro ‘__WARN’
115 | __WARN();
| ^~~~~~
/root/Netgear-A6210/os/linux/…/…/common/rtmp_init_inf.c:491:3: note: in expansion of macro ‘WARN_ON’
491 | WARN_ON(1); //just to catch red handed
| ^~~~~~~
make[3]: *** [/usr/src/linux-headers-5.4.0-kali3-common/scripts/Makefile.build:271: /root/Netgear-A6210/os/linux/…/…/common/rtmp_init_inf.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [/usr/src/linux-headers-5.4.0-kali3-common/Makefile:1665: /root/Netgear-A6210/os/linux] Error 2
make[1]: *** [/usr/src/linux-headers-5.4.0-kali3-common/Makefile:179: sub-make] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory ‘/usr/src/linux-headers-5.4.0-kali3-amd64’
make: *** [Makefile:65: debug] Error 2

This worked. Thank you.

Hi @vladnik,

I installed the drivers for Netgear A6210 as like you mentioned.

The wifi get disconnected after using for few minutes, it doesn’t connect unless or until I reboot the PC. Could you please help me on this?

can u please help me too with this issue…getting something like this when i tried ur previous methods…can u please help me to set it up…
gcc: error: unrecognized command-line option ‘–param=allow-store-data-races=0’; did you mean ‘–allow-store-data-races’?
make[3]: *** [/usr/src/linux-headers-5.4.0-kali3-common/scripts/Makefile.build:271: /Netgear-A6210/os/linux/…/…/sta/assoc.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [/usr/src/linux-headers-5.4.0-kali3-common/Makefile:1665: /Netgear-A6210/os/linux] Error 2
make[1]: *** [/usr/src/linux-headers-5.4.0-kali3-common/Makefile:179: sub-make] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory ‘/usr/src/linux-headers-5.4.0-kali3-amd64’
make: *** [Makefile:65: debug] Error 2
make -C /Netgear-A6210/os/linux -f Makefile.6 install
make[1]: Entering directory ‘/Netgear-A6210/os/linux’
rm -rf /etc/Wireless/RT2870STA
mkdir -pv /etc/Wireless/RT2870STA
mkdir: created directory ‘/etc/Wireless/RT2870STA’
cp /Netgear-A6210/conf/RT2870STA.dat /etc/Wireless/RT2870STA/.
install -d /lib/modules/5.4.0-kali3-amd64/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/
install -m 644 -c mt7662u_sta.ko /lib/modules/5.4.0-kali3-amd64/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/
install: cannot stat ‘mt7662u_sta.ko’: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [Makefile.6:725: install] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory ‘/Netgear-A6210/os/linux’
make: *** [Makefile:77: install] Error 2
root@kali:/Netgear-A6210#

hi@vladnik can u please sort it out for me…