[SOLVED] Need help with vfio-pci for passthrough on F27, GPU not being isolated

Don’t know if you saw my edit, setting up mountpoints did the trick, thank you for all your help :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah, yes I did. Glad to hear it’s all set up.

Just so you know, some rx 480’s suffer from the bus reset issue, according to forum results. If you have issues, there’s a workaround thread somewhere. I’ll see if I can find it.

1 Like

Bus reset issue being that I have to shut down the whole system before I can start up the VM again?
I remember having that problem on my old passthroughs, was really annyoing :sweat_smile:
I’d appreciate it!

1 Like

Yep. I’m having trouble finding it, but the gist of it is you configure a scheduled task to disable the GPU device on OS shutdown and re-enable the GPU device on OS startup.

You should absolutely enable RDP while you’re testing this because you don’t want to get stuck with the GPU disabled.

That goes beyond my knowledge, I’ll go digging aswell^^

What’s RDP and where do I enable it? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Remote Desktop Protocol. This article should help you with enabling it.

The Linux client I use is Remmina. It’s available in Fedora repos as remmina-gtk.

Yeah, if I knew how to do it, I’d just tell you, but I’m definitely not a windows guy. I can barely remember how to change a password on Windows.

2 Likes

How would the RDP help me? I don’t quite understand that part yet :sweat_smile:

Also, I found the thread :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s the thread!

If you get the system stuck with the GPU disabled, you can RDP in (it creates a virtual display) and manually enable the GPU.

1 Like

I see, thank you! First I gotta get the VM set up though, so I’ll get to it^^

1 Like