[SOLVED]How do I create an isolated network for my VMs and host using a bridge?

I’ve been struggling for a couple of hours trying to figure out how do I set up an isolated network to connect multiple VMs and the host at a higher speed than the external network. I am doing this on a debian server install and for the VMs I’m using bare qemu. I have decided to use a bridge (like here: https://www.linux-kvm.org/page/Networking), but skip adding the physical device. I have successfully made it so that the secondary network device shows up in my VM, I assigned an ip to it, since there is no dhcp server on the network and I assigned an ip to the bridge interface, but I can’t connect to anything, even if I add a second VM, assign an IP to it and try to ping the first VM, I get nothing. Could someone give me a pointer to a tutorial or something? Or should I use macvlan or something like that (I stuck to a bridge network since I can’t figure out how to attach a vm to a macvlan network (I figured out how to use macvtap however))?

EDIT: SOLVED, all I was missing is a dhcp server. Perhaps I didn’t set up the IPs correctly? To make it work I just ran the command:/usr/sbin/dnsmasq --interface=br0 --except-interface=lo --bind-interfaces --dhcp-range=10.0.2.100,10.0.2.200,12h, which started a dhcp server on the bridge interface.