[Solved] FreeSync™ Monitor purchase help

Greetings level1

I’m looking to buy a monitor for an upcoming gaming build and require some help.

The monitor must be 27" 1440p/144hz+

I’ve been looking at these four models, but open to suggestion on other models that fits the spec

-Dell S2719DGF
-Samsung C27HG70
-Acer XF270HUA
-Viewsonic XG2730

Note: Korean no-brand monitors are not a option.

1 Like

That one looks really good, I just know it will be pricier than the other three you listed.

It’s not for sale in Europe yet, it’s listed for $529 in the US, it is my current top top pick.

Can’t seem to find any good reviews of the Viewsonic.

1 Like

Upon further reading I’ve decided to eliminate this one, the VA panel seems to have too high pixel response time.

1 Like

I had hoped this whole FreeSync / GSync monitor deal was dead. Sorry to kind of go off topic but I had hoped we no longer had to worry about that when picking out a monitor and it sure as heck would help you and others if it was gone. What is the deal with FreeSync / GSync in late 2018 and going forth?

I just got an XF270H-B. I like the responsiveness (144Hz/1ms), but unlike the one you’re considering mine is a TN panel. While I’m satisfied with what I got for the money, I’m starting to wish I had sprung for an IPS 1440p display like your choice. That said, the build quality, controls and aesthetics are great.

1 Like

Acer XF270HUA is 1080p…

:thinking:

1 Like

^ Nope it’s 1440p, you must be thinking of a different model.

1 Like

Gsync is surviving due to the massive market share Nvidia has, once Intel launches GPUs with adaptive sync support g-sync will probably eventually die out, in which case Nvidia releases a driver which makes their cards support adaptive sync.

2 Likes

Got it, the XF270HUA doesn’t exist, there is a XF270HA which is 1080p and a XF270HU which is 1440p.

The part number of the “XF270HUA” is um.hx0aa.a02 which is the same as the XF270HU… strange…

The Acer XF270HUA doesn’t exist, I mistook it for something else.

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/models/monitors/xf

Thanks for the info.

It’s a regional thing afaik, that’s why it’s not listed on Acer’s us site.

Here is the german one

Acer… sigh*

I went with this one.
Wanted the Dell but it was still not listed for sale in Europe and when contacting dell they couldn’t give me any dates on it.

2 Likes