SOLVED: Factory Reset on Unifi AP, in a pickle!

I need to factory reset an AP, and the reset button seems to have broken off inside the unit. I can't SSH in and do it because I don't know the credentials :/ Anybody ever taken one apart? Is there another way to reset the AP? It's not using the default credentials.

You might be able to do it through the software, I think you can just re-provision it. The ssh credentials are the same as the credentials for unifi so you could try the default (used to be admin admin but they've changed it to require a more secure password now). But if you know or can find out the unifi credentials then you can log in through ssh.

If you take it apart you may be able to access the button.

I think taking it apart is my only option right now. Somone else managed it before me, along with a different controller. So I basically can't do anything to it through software.

I've had this with one and IIRC I did take it apart and short the reset on the board. I would advise replacing the broken component and maybe look at replacing the unit.

So update... I managed to take it apart. It's a UniFi Outdoor AP. Since no one on the Internet had posted how to properly disassemble it that I could find, I pryed it apart until the casing gave. After that, I discovered that the screws that held it together are under the sticker with the MAC id on it under the casing where the RJ45 connections go.

So, if you ever have to take one apart, that's it. Just peel the sticker and unscrew the two screws and the board will slide out nicely.

"Last screw under a label" is something that applies to many devices. How many screws were there?

Just two. And I was aware of that, these were just very well hidden lol, nor did I think of it at the time yesterday. Very difficult device to take apart.