[SOLVED] ASUS Maximus IX Hero - Intel i219-V problem

Hello!

Today I stepped up and updated my PC - the Motherboard I got is the Maximus IX Hero and now I can't get to install the driver for the intel NIC.
Neither those from Asus nor those from Intel will install successfully - when running the setup program it claims that there is no intel NIC and when installing from the Device Manager it confirms that its the i219-V but that the setup times out with an "error" (I love windows so much for "an error" - fuck)

Any of you might know how to fix that? - without networking I am pretty stuck with a useless (high end) gaming system. :.(

Windows doesn't use its generic drivers?

Aside from that, have you tried older driver versions? I have the same NICs and I'm using driver 12.15.22.3 according to Windows and it's working just peachy.

And make sure there's nothing funky in your BIOS. Some boards have "power saving" features that bugger up everything.

1 Like

Hi,

I have got the same Problem yesterday.

This was Fixing the Problem:

First boot into your BIOS setting, go to boot, CSM, and set ignore with boot from network option.

Hope this works! (Sorry for my bad english)

2 Likes

Thank you @Larifari that worked - now windows finally accepted it and used the baked in driver - befor that it did not recognise the NIC at all - funny thing is that the hardware ID changed when using the ignore boot from network option.

Now it's detected as the normal i219-V and got a working driver, but intel claims its a i219 (2) - V so I guess M$ fucked it up agian.

Solved