Solution for using GPU-occluded PCIe-slots? Right-angle extension cable?

Linus is good at marketing (why he’s so big) but I’d take any real advice from him with a grain of SALT TRUCK :wink:

The only way to really sneak things in for you would be a straight up ribbon cable but then I’d say there isn’t enough copper in the ribbon to really function.

Kinda comical you have 7 full length and are looking at this but goes back to one of my GPU rants where I say 'DID YOU ASSUME MY USE CASE BRO~?" and I wish more boards had more slots rather than onboard all in one garbage. 7…naw how about 12 or 15?

1 Like

There are three things in life you can never get enough…memory, slots and bandwidth. Threadripper certainly eases the pain, but can’t just quench the thirst forever :wink:

Oh the jokes…about slots.

I might have just the thing! I’ve got one of these in my build right now after I installed two of the most recent release GPU’s that currently occupy 2.5-3 slots each, taking up literally my whole board worth of slots. I really dislike this new trend of thick GPU’s, personally!

No issues so far. I had two in my build at one point. One was used for a Wi-Fi PCIe card and another for a USB PCIe card, but I was able to get rid of the Wi-Fi card recently so cut down to one.

I was hoping to find a similar x4 or x16 riser cable of sorts that could fit under a GPU like this one can so I could go with a higher bandwidth USB PCI card.

I will report back if I find a suitable x16 riser cable that could fit under a GPU somehow, but I’m seriously doubting it’s been done. I may just need to consider mounting one of these GPU’s vertically as suggested above. It’s doable with my case, but wouldn’t be my preferred method.

I use a similar adapter for my USB3 pcie. No problems so far.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.