Solus isn't that great

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
https://forum.level1techs.com/t/solus-master-race/113032?u=schyken&source_topic_id=114111

2 Likes

Can I do jack shit about it? No. Can you? Maybe maybe not
There's a

whole entire solus forum you can post to and get actual stuff worked on instead of just bitching and moaning here where I'm 99% sure no Solus Devs are

1 Like

mmmm

Solus people are not the nicest people.

I can see why he posted it here.

Plus he is saving others here some time ( in theory ). Because if it were not for this they would have to download and try it out themselves. Of course peoples should always try things out first hand.

2 Likes

No its just @FaunCB is continually strange and I dislike him
Also happen to like solus

1 Like

I'm sorry fam. I take it back. Solus people are nice people.

2 Likes

Lol. I mean. I like solus but won't use it yet. Because no AMDGPUPRO support. Among other minor things

1 Like

Solus is really incomplete but fans of the project act like it's currently the greatest thing ever. I don't see what's wrong with his critique

2 Likes

any sources, or..?

Damn it; Ikey has had two freakin' years! That's fourteen dog years, for cripe sake!!! Why doesn't he stop jerkin' off and snap his fingers?!?!?! We need this crap fixed NOW! Ikey needs to quit his day job, stop trying to have a life and get to work. Oh, and he needs to hire a couple dozen full time developers, too! Screw Budgie, screw the Brisk menu, screw Linux Steam Integration, Screw eopkg, screw Optimus support, screw the Clear Boot Manager, screw the program optimizations, screw curated rolling releases (open that faucet wide), screw it all, 'cause it only adds additional fragmentation. It's the installer, stupid! That's how we'll judge you!!!

Who here has a link to the OP's Linux distribution? I'd like to download it and do a review.

3 Likes

Schyken gonna be so mad.

1 Like

I've only looked at it for maybe half an hour in a VM, sorry if my remarks will look stupid.

Looks and feels like modified Gnome 2.

Is that the one on the right? This one's fancy.

What do you mean by "integration"?

What's that?

You mean bumblebee?

You mean grub?

Like what, for example?

Rofl nice

@dmj
that was a troll answer btw lol

No worries. Move along, there's nothing to see here. Ubuntu Unity; yeah, that's what we all need!

Better yet, since MS has owned the desktop for decades, anything that that is not authored by, or have Redmond's stamp of approval should be banned. After all, fragmentation is a serious crime, is it not?

1 Like

Go ahead. I used antergos (which has kernel problems, updates can hiccup and at the moment my /home but I back up regularly sonit isn't an issue), Manjaro, Salix, Slackel, Debian, Arch, FreeBSD, and OSX. I expect extensive posts.

Apparently I'm evil for critique. Now I know how Total Biscuit feels LOL

You misunderstand. What Linux distribution have you written and maintained?

Your distribution must clearly be superior, so I wish to try it.

1 Like

instead of being a dick maybe take criticism for something that is not working currently. if you are scared of pointing out problems you will not progress.

1 Like

Don't get me wrong: I have nothing against any OS or distribution/fork/whatever. Except maybe ReactOS, which I consider a meaningless cancer (Edit: well, not totally meaningless, I can see some sort of academic value in reverse engineering of Windows API, I just don't see much use for it). But so far, everything Solus's users said about it was either wrong ("they wrote the OS from scratch") or weird, like calling preexisting easy-to-use open source stuff a "feature" of Solus.
Whatever rows your boat. You like it, OP doesn't. Why the butthurt and all these attempts to present an ordinary Linux distribution as something unique and unmatched?

4 Likes

That's really one of the most pointless arguments made and I see it all the time. You can say that you don't like something, doesn't mean you have to do what they did better.

I see it all the time with games and music. Oh I don't like this song or game "Pffft have you ever made a song/game no? Then your point is invalid".

Please do not resort to those arguments.

4 Likes

Users of one distro are always butthurt when someone knocks their distro.

Users of a Linux distro also do a lot of campaigning for others to join their OS.

It's weird. Like cult like weird.

3 Likes