[SOLD] Intel S2600CP4 2x2011-0 Motherboard

Hi,
again for sale is a Intel S2600CP4 server / workstation motherboard.
Reason for the "again" is that a friend of me, liked to try a few things, and basically reserved it.
This time with pictures and i'l have an eye out on this thread!

Speaker is taped off because he's pretty loud.

Sockets:

I bought it as broken with the failure description of it not turning on or booting correctly.

My first tests with a crap PSU yielded the same problem. It went into a failure mode and shouted out error codes.
BMC ERROR 1-5-5-4 something like that, it meant "power failure" / "power good Assertion failure".

Switched it to a better PSU and it worked flawless from that point.

Friend and me wen't on a bit of testing
8X16GB; 128GB off DDR3 ECC worked.
2x e5 2670 worked.
A few hours of gaming, no problem.
Getting 1 RX480 running wasn't problematic.
No Crossfire though, we tried it with two RX480s in different slots.
Maybe there is a quirk that we missed.

NVME Support is questionable. I have a Samsung 950 pro and a PCIe riser card for that.
Google turned up a few posts about some necessary bios settings which gave us a hard time booting up again after setting those. CSM settings.
NVME is possible according to those Forums. I didn't manage to get it working, but i didn't try hard!

As a final word to the "problem". The board seems to have become picky with PSUs.
RM650i does it for me!

Board has 8 SAS ports. Bummer, you need a physical intel Upgrade Key to enable them.
Depending on the Key, its Sata or Sas or what ever.
6 times Sata of which 2 are 6Gbit. Those work without a key.

IPMI is kind of a Bummer, it has a good BMC with IPMI 2.0 support.
You need a key for that too. Thx Intel!
You have the choice, lite version which then uses one of the 4 onboard nics as the IPMI port, or the more expensive dedicated NIC version.
I sadly don't have any of those keys or expansions.

Besides that, the BMC Firmware is "opensource". So you might be able to find the lines of code that disable stuff. Probably not though.
Socket is a square ILM, so a lot (most standard) 2011 coolers will work. Screws can't be too long though.
No IO Shield.

I think 180€ is fair and below the price of the few that i saw on Ebay.
If you desire, i can offer 2 additional E5 2650s for 45€ each and a few DDR3 16GB ECC Ram sticks 30€ each.

DHL does the shipping.
World wide shouldn't be a problem except the cost. That's on you :smiley:

Disclaimer, i can't guarantee anything, and i can't recommend putting this board out of reach for example in to a data-center.

Any Questions? Mistakes ? Feel free to ask and leave feedback!
Sincerely Rage

A small bump and price update: 160€ for the board.
Shipping costs.

Germany 6.9€
EU 10€
Everything 15€

bump 160€ including shipping nearly world wide.