- It’s freeware (tho he does say donations are welcome).
- Primarily supports GPU decoding & encoding
– AMD support for H.264 is fine, but H.265 is only available with R9 4XX series GPUs.
– Nvidia is fully supported with NVENC & H.264.
- Supports up to 8 videos transcoding at the same time.
- Has a Watch Folder feature to auto-convert as files are added to it.
- Uses Avisynth for editing and adding filters to video like Handbrake.
- Supports Batch transcoding and Combine transcoding (i.e. queues and combining videos)
The 7.0 beta added support for many new things relatively recently (within a month):
- Added support for Dolby AC3, ALAC and FLAC encoding
- Added support for AAC, ALAC, FLAC and Opus encoding using external encoder
- Added support for multi audio stream
- Added support for 5.1ch audio
- Added support for MKV output using MKVToolNix
- Added “Use time codes” option for external muxer
- Added “Include sub folder” and “Start on startup” option for folder watch
- Fixed issue when using Avisynth filter
- Many changes and fixes
Also see this guy’s other software: Bluesky Video Capture
It’s pretty cool software imo, because it natively supports things Handbrake doesn’t. I personally would use it more if other AMD GPUs were supported for H.265, but until then, I’m stuck with Handbrake.
Just thought I’d share.