Software to seperate Front output and rear output Audio

I was able to do this via Realtek, but i deleted my realtek drivers because they created problems and instability with everything else. I do need something to switch between rear speakers output and front headphones output. Now i can do this by just unplugging the headphones but i rather not keep unplugging and re-plugging.

have you thought about a second sound card and just switching the default device in windows?

only thing that comes to mind

This might be able to help you some.

http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/Voicemeeter/banana.htm

Donationware virtual digital mixer.

1 Like

Thanks i will install now and see how it is !

neat software but didn't help in my situation. i need to be able to switch audio output from headphones to speakers from within windows

I do not know what os you are using ? I am certain it is easier than that on windows at least. You have the auto cut out for when you plugin the headphones. You have tuning and switching for headphones / 2.1/5.1/7.1 within your audio package. You configure all multiple auto streams to output to all or you can just left click the sound icon and switch between the different outputs and sources.

yea it autos to headphones when i plug in the headphones. but i need to change it to speakers without pulling out the headphones, i use a cool software for it which was Realtek. it separated all audio jacks to their own stream. so i can mute headphones and use speakers.

Another thing i use ...

;; Config

;
; To get the correct nubmers open "playback devices" in
; windows (right click the sound icon in the taskbar).
; The item at top the is item number 0
; Next item is number 1 and so on.
;

[Variables]
headphones=0
speakers=1
ActiveStyle=255,0,0,255

[BaseStyle]
AntiAlias=1
ImageAlpha=100

[HoverStyle]
ImageAlpha=255

[ActiveStyle]
Imagetint=255,0,0,255
ImageAlpha=255

; End of config
; ----------------------------

Windows 10 you just left click the sound icon and choose the output. What ever floats your boat. I have forgotten about 8.1 and 7. May not be the same. :laughing: You should be able to still right click your way to your output source.

That doesn't work if both physical outputs are presented as one audio device on the OS side, which is apparently what's happening for him.
On some cards you can separate them (i.e. with the Realtek software he mentioned) and then have them listed as separate audio devices. If you can separate them you can then also use that switch you mentioned.
It works the same since Vista by the way (just not via one click, you have to go into Playback Devices via right-click and then set the standard device).

@Bane which OS are you using? Judging from the config you posted I would assume some Linux distro. Also what is your use-case exactly? Maybe even virtual devices would be fine. Or do you need the phyical output on the Speakers while the headphones are plugged in?

I love the software they are making. I really like VB-Cable, even got some really non-tech persons to use that for streaming and separating game/voice audio, really simple. And free too. And if you need more devices you can always donate :slight_smile: Only downside is you can't really use it for multi-channel audio :frowning:

When I record gameplay videos, I use my speakers from the rear IO for game audio, and my headphones with a USB sound card for teamspeak and Audacity recording. I then import both audio tracks into Kdenlive and sync in post editing.

I known this is not a software solution, but it may be a low cost option that will work for you.

Also, maybe a dedicated soundcard offers the control you seek?