Software Raid assist on Windows 10

I’m in the midst of recreating my poor-mans dedicated server for media/gaming and was looking at a 3 disk RAID setup with 4TB disks. Was thinking of using something like RAID 5 with the very basic understanding I have about what RAID variations are, and was lookinng at a software solution for the setup as I’ve got a separate boot drive and this is just for storage.

Any main suggestions on what I should be looking at using to get this one running, and/or if there’s a better option I don’t know about as a RAID newbie? Thanks!

I’ve only ever setup a few HDD’s in RAID Zero using the Disk Management utility under Windows 10 Pro.

You have to convert the drives to DYNAMIC so you can use the software RAID function.

I never paid attention to see if I could setup 3 or more HDD’s in a RAID 5 array.

I would think it would be the same procedure, have 3 or more HDD’s and go to Administrative Tools and then Computer Management.

Then click on Disk Management under the Storage section.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.