So.. what metal song are you listening to right now?

One day I thought “I know all the Meshuggah hits, but where did they start?” so here I am. The singer voice in this album, to me at least, resembles so much James Hetfield’s. I never thought that I would’ve liked this album so much!

We’re getting closer to xiqu metal.

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

Midnight might not be the most technically advanced band, but it rocks. Reminds me a bit of pre mainstream thrash/death/speed metal when everything was self produced and only sold by mail order.

1 Like

I’m gonna have to check out Nova Twins later.

2 Likes

Anniversary time B!tches!? #crankitt

Type O Negative is just a metal version of The Doors.

Type O Negative - My Girlfriend’s Girlfriend

2 Likes

Metal band but re-imagined Last resort by Papa Roach into a ballad.

Ah yeah, there was an official video.

Wonders if there’s a version that isn’t filmed on a gameboy?

On recommendation I had a listen to Enthrone Darkness Thriumphant while working out today. Did not listen to that record in ages, but it still slayes!

Of course there is Mourning Palace …

… but also honorable mention to Master of Disharmony!

2 Likes

For me the best Dimmu Borgir album is Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia.
WARNING: Do not listen to the new remastered version. Listen to the original version. Much stronger.

After that Death Cult Armageddon is strong second despite the fact many people dislike it for some reason…

My personal Borgir favourites…

2 Likes

Those are great as well, maybe I will make it a Borgir week and listen through all of those.

1 Like

Sooner or later I will break the youtube algorithm.

Malay metal

and another one. I like the plain piano sound on the keyboard.

Ok, just one more

1 Like

When Nine Inch Nails was Industrial Metal
NIN - Gave Up

CHUGGERNAUT - Mutherfucker
Drummer (Blaize Collard) has toured with Video Game Orchestra and did some loops for FFXV

Chelsea Wolfe - 16 Psyche

Fear Factory (Their only good album IMO, Demanufacture) - Replica

Samsara Blues Experiment - Long Distance Trip (Blues Stoner Metal)

Trivium - What The Dead Men Say

As if metalcore wasn’t weird enough to begin with?

1 Like

I’m really enjoying this (frankly hilarious) combo of Thou and Emma Ruth Rundle. Even though I’m not generally a fan of harsh vocals, it synergize so well here, and it’s grown on me even more as time goes by. It’s got that sort of 90’s-ish powerful forlorn women voice, along with her horrible little goblin friend helping her scream out angst.

2 Likes