So.. what metal song are you listening to right now?

I sit on the vortex waiting for the world to fall;
Stretching through this illusory
empire, gasping for air as another life is written,
as another soul is taken

@Fouquin - what’s your thoughts on Distance Over Time now that its been released? I’m on my first listen through right now.

On Barstool Warrior . . .

2 Likes

I think it’s a damn good album. It’s got some hiccups but I definitely hear the earlier DT vibes. Petrucci brought back a lot of the heavier and chunky guitar tones that were prominent on Awake, and with the drums firmly back into the front of the mix where they belong across the whole album it just sounds great. Barstool Warrior certainly feels like it fell right off a 1993 demo reel that’s been infused with some of their more modern sound.

A lot of people were upset that the vocals are so heavily filtered but I don’t mind. LaBrie has done a lot to rebuild his voice and it’s helped, but in the end the damage has been done and as he ages he’s going to keep fighting that. Layering and mixing the vocals with some effects to offset his voice doesn’t really detract a whole lot, though I do find myself getting nostalgic for when he had more power, going back to listen to A Change of Seasons or the Falling Into infinity sessions

1 Like

Black ‘n’ Roll, two ex-Wolvhammer members:

I don’t know what this is:

And some atmospheric-, post-, symphonic-, something-black metal

The whole On Your Feet Or On Your Knees album:
2 Likes

Not the songs I listen to by a couple of those bands but good bands. I will have to give these songs a listen and see if it something new I can add to my playlist. 7:21 am here, tired, maybe a slight hangover and so not the time to be listening to music though.

1 Like

Probably not the right kind of music to be listening to when you’re hungover :wink:
Maybe give this one a listen after you catch your breath and feed the brain a bit of water.
It’s the studio version of Veteran of The Psychic Wars I posted above:

Last Days of May and this one are a fantastic intro to BÖC music.

Eighties Matchbox B-Line Disaster

Tend to listen to them with shooters, obvs. This this morning…

https://deadmanswhiskey.co.uk/ Under the Gun reloaded:
This Fight

The vocals on this are something else

Unparalleled Insubordination by Vulvodynia.

Just some Archspire…

1 Like

Flotsam and Jetsam has a new album out.