So Level1techs goes to Germany? Well Let me buy you a good, tasty, refreshing german beer then!

My dad lived there for a while, he knows his stuff.

But I'm on vacation now and my dad is at work in Qatar, so that doesn't work out either...

From the feedback so far I guess we can narrow it down to a Brauhaus (brewery) or an Irish Pub.
Pro Brauhaus: Very Kölsch (Cologne-ish) experience.
Pro Irish Pub: Good selection of non-beer drinks. International folks.

So, what is @DeusQain's well-being worth to you, @Logan? ;-)

No, seriously. Even though I'm not a fan of the Brauhaus, I'd still recommend the experience. It's very Kölsch (not to be confused with pleasant. :-) Köbes included). But, I'm afraid their selection of non-beer alcoholic drinks is rather limited, to say the least. Also Kölsch is, by many, considered more of a flavoured water than a beer. In case of a Brauhaus, I have rather fond memories of Heller's. They offer a wider selection of beers, covering more than just Kösch. Not a single Whiskey or Cider though. Just a tiny selection of regional wines.

Still, an Irish Pub makes for a very good alternative IMHO and has a lot more potential to satisfy qain's needs as well. ;-)

@Logan, @DeusQain : Do you have a preference? We'll manage either way. :-)

Can we make a list of everybody who's going to come to this meetup? Just so that if a reservation has to be made, we have a ballpark figure of how many people will come.

Heyo. I wasn't sure whether to make a new post or just tag along with this, ill just do the latter now.

Ive talked to Logan via PM about a meetup in Munich on the 8/9th and they would be down for it. Anybody here interested? As for a location I would suggest the Irish Pub Kennedys ( http://www.kennedysmunich.com/ ). As an alternative: if you like Schnitzel then this would be the place: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g187309-d718363-Reviews-Steinheil_16-Munich_Upper_Bavaria_Bavaria.html

I can make a new post for this if that would make it easier, just let me know.

Have fun in Cologne! :D

@logan Make sure you stop by star citizen and cover that

If there would be a meetup in Munich i'd come maybe.

I like the idea of a meetup if this is realy happening I might come to GC, but it would be an idea to not do it in the center of cologne it's kind of crowded during that week.

We were planning on reserving a table. That plus I was planning on arriving rather early with detrexer and blocking the table until the rest of you arrives.

List of people would be currently:

Garfield both dates
@detrexer
Logan
Quain
@t800a on the 7th

Awaiting confirmation for the 6th or 7th
@ACcino96
@Geoff
@Rutger9800
@nikitaman
@bweasel
@Red_Lightning
@Jqes

Could the Munich meetup open their own thread so we do not get confusion? Post the link here so everybody finds it.

You can put me down for both dates as well.

Just one request: When the date and place is decided, just post the address of the meetup.

See you all there

put me in on both dates :)

Both dates are fine for me

While I am not going I can recommend an Irish pub as a location, a few people and a decent pub and it will be great fun. They are usually smaller pubs, warmer, darker, friendlier a nice place to hang out, but can get noisy at the weekends.

I will put the List in the second post of this thread so it always shows up on top, 'mhkay?

Hey @Garfield

Please count me in for both dates.

The Thread for the Munich meetup can be found here.

@Garfield Maybe link it in your post at the top so people actually see it :)

done. (arbitrarywordsforrequiredminimumpostlength)

Hey, can you put me on that list as well? I have time on both dates.

I'm not sure yet if I'm going but I asume the meetup would be somewhat in the evening or late afternoon so the 6th would work but for the 7th it depends on the time we meet.

Dammit...I am in Rotterdam but I will be on vacation at the time...so close but so far...Have nice time guys!

The 7th would be better, but I can make the 6th if pushed.

Has a venue chosen and what time would we be meeting up?

Let me know soon so I can book a hotel.