So I'm doing a ddrescue this weekend. .

I’m doing a ddrescue for a friend whose windows PC took a crap. Her drive has physical errors and I’m going to ddrescue to an image and then do some photorec and possibly a couple of other restore attempts.

I was wondering if I should take notes and possibly put up maybe a bit of a blog post or something about what worked, what didn’t and how I did things.

Would this be something folks would be interested in?

Wendell has a great video on ddrescue and the other utilities but it’s not super deep on detail and i thought perhaps me writing down each step would be helpful for someone in the future.

What do you think?

10 Likes

I think forum visitors definitely want to read a write up on something like that. Even if they might never need to know how to do it, reading up on tech and learning how people use it can be very fun.

Good luck on the recovery!

1 Like

Yes, please, that would be interesting.

Please do. Would love to see that.

I think theres a ton of tutorials out there already for this kind of stuff, but I always love a good story so go for it.

Please do. As others have said there’s a few guides out there. I’ve found though that sometimes there’s edge case problems that only one person ran into and documented. The more stuff out there the better imo.

ok you folks convinced me, I’ll do my best.

1 Like

Yeah that sounds like a great learning opportunity