So I Played Destiny 2 For A While

Yup. Actually got it as an early xmas gift so I can’t bash it that hard to be honest. As a game I got for free? Pretty meh. You have to make up your own challenges and the entire time I have played so far I’ve just been watching animaniacs at the same time and haven’t really had any problems in the game… You can take that as fact by the way, and take from that as you will.

If you want the TL;DR, they took Playstation home, put it on everything, and added guns and a first person camera. Thats the game. If you aren’t appealed by that, not even a problem. I’d be surprised if anyone was to be honest unless you’ve never played a video game before. But as a real game?.. Keep reading.

Yeah, everyone bashes this game. I could say the same stuff as other people, I could say the “Social Shooter” is bullshit because counter strike did it first, that the content is about as shit as it gets, the gunplay is about as interactive as a wet noodle AND to make up for it they just left the controller’s vibrator cans on 10 for everything so they could slack some more, and that theres left over bugs from past games using the same engine.

Yeah. Remember halo? Remember the multiplayer? Remember some people would fly around the map like crazy? That wasn’t noclip, wasn’t the jetpacks either, if you jumped up objects fast enough you went flying. Not even fucking kidding.

So yeah I could say all of that. And I would be completely correct. But everyone else has said that, minus the playstation home thing, and would miss the “charm” of this game. I like it. Its not as fun as planetside… Or fucking cubeworld (fuck rust is more fun and the content is literally the user, how you end up with a game that has no content is fucking art in and of itself nice job budgie), or literally anything that looks boring but becomes hilarious. No, as I said earlier its something to play while watching animaniacs. Thats it. In fact, once I have gear enough, I’m not even going to bother with the campaign and just play the multiplayer. It seems no one knows that the newest update added a bunch of settings like look sensitivity or button remaps, so fuck it I’ll have the advantage. And at that, the only way to have fun on the earth campaign is to knife everything. Thats not even a joke. I did the first level… boss? Is it a boss? With only knife because it makes you move faster and zip around like sonic if you chain the knife kills and I find that hilarious.

If this post seems scattered, well, it is. I’m just trying to think of things to say about the game really because there isn’t much to say. Its just like Solus a few months ago. Has a base, but no structure and the apps suck. Difference is Solus actually developed. And I like Solus now, I won’t like Destiny 2 in a few months unless some real shit happens in PvP.

Another TL;DC/DR, if you can get it for free watch animaniacs at the same time and your opinion of the game will go up. Thats the only reason I am having fun.

Animaniacs.

Thats really sad.

Also fuck review scores. Duck out of 200.

5 Likes

Was already on my list of ‘game to never purchase, even on sale’

1 Like

Definitely was on mine.

Yeah… I’ve no desire to get any Destiny game because there’s another game that exists that’s already free… it’s called Warframe.

Yes I understand many people have tried warframe and thought it was shit, typically with these people I find out they played well over a year ago. Because the game is technically in beta it allows DE to push constant updates, content expansions, etc. (which is literally the only reason it’s in “Beta”). Yesterday they launched the biggest update ever which adds an open world element to the game as well as modular weapons and an improvement to a certain late-game system.

But, if PvP is what you’re looking for you should look elsewhere. Warfame is almost entirely PvE. Yes there’s a small PvP element, but, it’s an awful, unbalanced nightmare riddled with toxicity. Outside of the PvP stuff, everyone is extremely helpful and friendly (usually). But it’s a hell of a grind to get into it. A fair grind, but a grind nonetheless.

I mean to be honest my answer to this type of game, at least what destiny is trying to be, was Dust 514 and IS planetside 2. But they aren’t the big ones, Dust shut down because one of the devs died in a plane crash and the dev team started hating everything, and planetside isn’t as big as it used to be.

You should start writing for Shibby at Machinima ETC

I play Warframe too. I thought Destiny was quite boring. I find Warframe boring too but the PvE aspect is its redeeming quality. Either way, you really need friends to play both games or else you start to question life. Atleast in Warframe, I can jump in for 30min, eff up some stuff by myself, and then go do something actually useful and fulfilling.

And then not get paid for 8 months and be in a permanent illegal contract no thanks.

1 Like

I see that you are familiar with ETC. Well played.

Either way thanks for the review. I give it 10 out of 10 Bungies.

1 Like

Different people have their different views and choices. I know that a lot of Destiny 1 players were very frustrated by that game, but still playing it.

Sadly… this was actually purchased for me :smiley:

Best thing I can say about it is ‘meh’ so far

1 Like

I want to like Destiny. I spent quite a bit of time playing the first one solo and with friends.

I could drone on for a long time, but i think the main beef I have is with the direction of the game. The quality of the art and how the game plays in the original is very good. A great number of people do excellent work to build this game. It just seems one or two muppets are driving the whole show into the ground. All for a return on investment I guess.

It seems, from what I have seen, that Destiny 2 follows that trend.

So it makes me sad that I probably wont play it, learn more about what Rasputin has been up to, maybe find out what happens with the future war cult and their deep dive into the vex time stuff… sigh.

I played the beta briefly just because I wanted to know what all this hype was about. I’d never played the first, being that I don’t touch consoles ever, so I had no frame of reference.

I got ten minutes in and decided the imagery was lackluster, the story (that I saw) was boring AF and the gameplay was… Halo. The first Halo. Which I also hated.

Watched a couple short ‘let’s play’ videos and decided I wasn’t wrong about my impression of the beta. I guess if playing games with friends is one’s goal, this one works fine for that, but I think the BL series does a better job of making it fun.

I’m pretty sure I’m not in the target audience though. And my god… so much hype.

1 Like

This thread was revived 9 months later. This exceeds the 3 months grace period. If the original poster wants to have this thread to be unlocked, then they can message me, a leader, a moderator, or an admin. This thread is locked.