So I just won a r9 290x , what should I do with it?

It's definitely time for an upgrade. I just don't know if I should hold on to this card or sell it and get an other one

Use it as a coaster like logan or give it to me :).

Jk.

I think that the R9 290X still just runs too hot.  It likes to throttle itself.  You could probably:

Sell it for around 600-700 bucks (probably to a coin miner), and build a new system around that budget, with perhaps some of your own money if you want more performance.

If you have a decent budget for a new computer, you can just use it and have a pretty kick-ass gaming system.  I would hope that you put a Kraken G10 watercooling adapter on it though, as the stock cooler is pretty shit.

Okay first congratulations on the card. The reference cooler works okay but does allow for warmer and noisier operation than custom coolers. This card is a great gaming card and if you need it to be cooler or quieter there are a number of ways to do so using aftermarket solutions or even putting in a custom liquid loop.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VBE1UE5I-A

I have a decent budget for a new computer, I was already planning to build one and was saving up for it. 

The NZXT Kraken G10 isn't a watercooling unit, is it? I did some research but I can't find a liquid gpu cooler named 'Kraken G10'. It is however a decent air cooler I believe.

Thank you for the congratulations. :)

What do you suggest as a good cooling solution? Are there any good tutorials out there I should take a look at?

I have 2 opinions on what you should do with this card. Both involve building a gaming rig around it, I don't suggest crypto-currency mining though, it's not particularly effective per watt.

1) Include all the regular parts you otherwise would, set up the computer and, assuming you will be playing at 1080p (hell you could probably still get away with it at 1440p with such a beast), just underclock and undervolt the card appropriately, which will result in a reasonably quiet and cool card. 

2) The other alternative I would suggest is build a rig around it, but go with a custom watercooling loop. You could go with the Kraken g10 with a AIO water cooler, but I would suggest the custom loop over that, even though it will be a bit more expensive (you could run your CPU under water too that way, and it would be really nice and cool and quiet).

Whatever you do, congratulations because you have a really beastly card, and you could build a really solid rig around it for not a huge amount of money.

Thank you for the interesting suggestions. Would you like to explain underclocking and undervolting, or give me a few good links?

If you can sell this card for $600-700, you could actually build a new 1080p gaming rig from the ground up. Perhaps something like this: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3596Y

you could send it to me as a valentine pressent. lol ☺

Interesting idea. The shippingcosts wouldn't be too high atleast , because we both live in the Netherlands :P

Do you think putting it in a Fractal design Define R4 gives it decent airflow? Or should I try to buy an other case, if so, which one?

the Fractal design is a decent case so i think it would work fine.

Also a case with alot of airflow options would be a NZXT Phantom 530. im still wating for mines ;)

MAE if you live in the netherlands which contest was it where you won the 290x? AND HOW THE F DID I MISS THAT OPPURUNITY

You are not the only one who missed that :(

Atleast im not the only one who is upset over missing such an oppurtunity especially with the amount of oppurtunities we have over here :P

Alternate.nl has a monthly contest on there facebook page and website. (for some of the contests you'll have to 'like' their facebook page). Most of the time you just have to answer really simple questions and you're entered. There are a couple of hundred people who pariticipate in these contests, so the chance you will win is higher than when you participate in a contest of TekSyndicate for example.