So, can... anyone help me?

Ah, thank God. New account post restriction removed after all. More than likely thanks to @FaunCB.
Meanwhile, in related news: Time to catch up on what I can now reply to.

Already addressed on a broader scale via Inbox discussion. No real need for me to repost at this juncture of the conversation due to irrelevance as the thread has evolved beyond the original subject material with excellent Community input at large.

One could always go that route as well, truth be told, yes. But from personal experience it adds more complication to the setup. Which in turn adds the probability of more items to go wrong versus a more simple, direct approach that leaves a lower probability of items going wrong and thus needing recalibration. I understand that installing directly to the source (router/modem) directly filters at that point, yes. I donā€™t believe Iā€™ve actually read, ever, of Wireshark being directly installed to a router/modem in all my years of attending the World Wide Web without exception. On a technical level, I believe it can be done (apparently all of those certificates stuffed away in mine oh so tidy drawer are doing naught but collecting dust after all) while accessing the setup via the proper packet capturing software and corresponding driver module installed on the workstation itself. Hence that particular setup being needlessly complicated versus Wireshark from the first day of itā€™s inception being designed for installation at the workstation level and monitoring of connections through said workstationā€™s locale. Which is why Iā€™ve always installed that software directly to the operating system used with no degradation of data filtered to the extent that a red flag event results in a system compromise at the source or connected devices. The only real overhead is negligible simply by virtue of a majority of White Hats, Grey Hats, Black Hats and Pentesters installing a single instance to the operating system itself and performance remains true to form by the very fact of the data sets given.

Footnote: I may have to Dedoimedo that one if need be.

@anon79053375: Methinks a majority of the information looks perfectly feasible and functional based upon the information given for The Reader at large.

1 Like

+1 For the sec blog thingy, a while back we beta tested a community wiki (security was one topic) but thatā€™s been long since dead, would be great to document something that would be more permanent than a forum topic.

EDIT: I could contribute on the topic about SELinux if/when MAC/RBAC/TE is on the plate.

1 Like

Should be still relevant on a basics agenda depending upon how old the wiki is. And what happened to such extent that it merely died out? Lack of further input would be my guess.