Smartphone's file transfer not always working

When I’m connecting my OnePlu2 to my PC via its USB cable the file transfer is not always working. Most of the time, I don’t get the selection screen which should let me decide if I want to only charge it, transfer pictures or transfer files. I tried this on different PCs and the problem persists. Sometimes I’m lucky though and it just works :slight_smile:
Is there a way to determine whats causing this issue? I think it might be the usb cable or the phone itself, neither I, nor my friends have a USB-C to USB-A cable to test this issue.

Edit: It seems there is a way to solve this by toggling USB-Debugging a gazillion times :smiley:

i use KDEconnect . connects the phone over wireless and it shows up in dolphin as a “drive”.
afaik kedconnect is linux only .
you might have a flakey cable ,or a bad port. monoprice is your friend.

1 Like

OP3 owner here. Generally you can manually select UsB mode in the debugging menu. I think it might also give you a few extra options. Mines got Ethernet mode and MIDI mode alongside charging, MTP, and Camera.

Alternatively you can also setup some sort of ftp type system with the phone or connect to an SMB/FTP share with an app or file manager.

1 Like

I still need to toggle it a few times though…

Problem is I want that ADB bridge more than file transfer atm^^. But since toggling does the trick I shall toggle-on (is that even a word? :smiley: )