Smartphone recommendation

They supposedly build in batteries to achieve those smaller phones. Batteries may be split in multiple batteries or bent inside. Nothing you should necessarily worry too much about. I get that being able to easiely replace the battery was neat, but having a water proove super thin phone is quite nice too. While oneplus does not have an ip rating at all. They actually posted a video themselves of the oneplus 7 in a bucket of water. Most reviews of the oneplus 7 included a bucked of water. Official IP rating costs money, thats their reasoning for not having one. But its pretty obvious they are testing it anyways. So some rain should not ever kill your phone. I still dont suggest to submerge your phone on purpose, but in many cases, youll be fine. Unless you dropped it into the sea, then its likely gone, even if you find it again…

i guess i will settle with the pixel 3a
Since the other good option would be the samsung s10e and thats a bit to much $ for my taste

3a is decent out of the choices. You’ll get the most support (three years since release), you’ll get the updates first. Pixel build quality isn’t anything to talk about but it’s OK (unless they’ve drastically upgrading quality), you get what you pay for. And the google stuff is in all android phones anyway so that was always going to be there.