As the title says, I intend to build a combined controller for the furnace, humidifier and HRV. Locally I want fine grained control of all set points, but keep remote control limited to checking the status and setting preset home/away modes.
The full project will involve:
- picking a processor for the control unit and get some sort of authentication working [Devember]
- build an API to get the current status and set desired temp/humidity [Devember]
- build a basic android app that uses the API to control the controller [Devember]
- setup a hosted portal for limited portion of the API [Devember]
- touch screen interface controls
- write control algorithms
- prototype sensor unit
- build 5-6 sensors
- build power circuit to run off of 24V
- build electrical control of furnace, humidifier and HRV
- … (probably more)
Going to try an hammer away at the more coding oriented tasks as part of #devember2020. But hope to continue the project and this thread afterwards.