Small mini-itx build for college

I am building something similar to this for my sister but it might work out for you. LINK

Unfortunately I could not find the PCPartPicker link for the Graphics card or the Power supply. Tell me what you think.

i3s the same price get better FPS than the quads on FM2 so not really a primium go with intel for mini ITX

The Athlon X4 760K  is around $85 USD on Amazon, while the i3-4130 is $120 USD on Amazon. I don't see how paying another ~$35 justifies a few frames. You are better off comparing the i3 with an FX 6300 instead. Then again depends what you want to do with the budget. OP has not mentioned the budget either.

no, but getting a a decent heatsink for the athlon closes the gap a bit, where as you can use stock on the cool i3, he also has something to upgrade TO when he DOES want more than a few more FPS

True, I guess I am uninformed about the i3 the way they perform. I have used many 760K and A8 and A10 CPU and noticed the cooler fan is not too loud (its not intolerable but not quiet in any way). I have only dealt with Atom (Bay Trail) Processors that do quite well for general things like web browsing and media consumption. I think if he wanted to save quite a bit of money he could go for a Pentium G3420 and pave the way for an i7 or E3 1230 V3 upgrade in the future.