Slow/unresponsive Apache reverse proxy

I use Apache to reverse proxy traffic to servers on my home network based on domain name. Everything worked fine, but then I moved and had to re-set up the network using my new ISP’s (ATT) router (changed my subnet). I use Pi-hole for DHCP and Proxmox/Docker to host the services, and didn’t re-install anything here during the move.

I use Plex and Tiny Tiny RSS (ttrss) the most, but since the move ttrss has been almost unusable. Plex takes a few seconds to load initially, but streams just fine. ttrss requests take many seconds to load or fail all together. So, I created a new ttrss using Docker, as the recommended installation method has changed, but this didn’t solve anything.

If I bypass the reverse proxy container and navigate to ttrss based on it local IP address, then everything flies as it should.

I’ve googled a little and it seems many people think its a DNS problem on the reverse proxy server. Could it also be the NAT/port-forwarding at my ISP’s router? Anyone have insight here or know how I can go about trouble shooting?

Also thinking that I should I re-roll a new reverse proxy service (nginx or Traefik). Debian-based Apache is so simple though.