SLI Questions!

Hello guys, 

I have a question regarding my pc's hardware. I am currently running this setup: 

Intel core i5 3570K @ 4.2 Ghz

Cooler master Hyper 212 CPU Cooler 

MSI Z77A-G45

Seagate 500 gb hdd Sata 600

Crucial Ballistix 8Gb 1600 Mhz

Corsair cx Builder 600 watt psu

Toshiba 140 gb hdd sata 300 

Evga GTX 650 Ti Boost 2gb 

samsung optical drive

4 fans in total 

So my Q is can I put another 650 ti boost in there? I know it will be a thight fit because of the psu. And my second Q is, when I do put another card in my system do I still need one of those SLI bridges?

Thanks in advance!

Greetings from the Netherlands 

ps. Does the second need to be from the same brand? 

Looking at your motherboard it should fit another graphics card just fine. I took the time to look at your motherboard's manual and it says SLI should go into PCI_E2 and PCI_E5 which are (From the top) the first and 2nd blue PCI-E slots. So You should have no problems fitting them.

You do need an SLI bridge which does not ship with the card itself :/ The brand doesn't matter

I'm sorry I didn't ment a tight fit as to, I have not enough space but I only have a 600 watt psu. Is that enough for SLI?

Yes your PSU should be able to handle two GTX 650Ti Boost

The GTX 650 ti boost is not a power hungry card. And neither are any of your other parts really. You have lots of room to work in even with the SLI setup.

600w is more than adequate for your proposed setup.

Sell the 650ti boost. Get a 660, 760, 660Ti, or 670.

Sell the 650ti boost. Get a 660, 760, 660Ti, or 670.

In this case its actualy cheaper to buy a extra 650ti boost+ 2 of them perform just as good as a GTX670.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9YMbWXn6Sw

Ya the ti boost kicks ass in Sli. I personally think it is the best scaling card in Sli.