Skyrim failed to initialize renderer issue

I have a problem with Skyrim. it displayed an error Skyrim failed to initialize renderer. what is this? it is very irritating.

Please list the following

• hardware
  • gpu driver version
  • is the game modded (if yes, how?)
  • OS type
2 Likes

Which skyrim is it too, the original 2011 release or the 2016 special edition, or possibly even VR?

There is nothing obvious on the PCGamingWiki similar to your problem.

https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Skyrim

https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/The_Elder_Scrolls_V:_Skyrim_Special_Edition

Many peeps call the different versions as such:

Olrim
Newrim

I see this a lot on Steam, but yes provide your hardware specs so we can better get a handle on what to check for.

I’ve seen things cause problens with the game when you have to do an uninsall and reinstall from scratch.

Another option is to run the verify game files option under the Steam client for Skyrim, see if it downloads any files which could be causing the game to fail.

1 Like

Yes this, once you answer @Kocytean’s questions I’d be happy to also assist,

@Kocytean You can find this list here.

Processor - Intel Core i5 6600

Motherboard - ASRock Fatality B150 Gaming K4

Graphics Card - Zotac GeForce GTX 1060 AMP

RAM - Kingston Technology HyperX FURY Black 8 GB x 2

SSD - SanDisk SSD Plus 240GB

HDD - Western Digital Blue 1TB

I don’t think there is any flaw in your system. What do yo say @Kocytean?

Yeah, my Computer guy said it is the best for you. I like gaming so much.

@alanta

Do you have any solution for this?

Maybe your graphics settings are too high. It might also be that you set these files to read-only, preventing the game from updating your graphics settings.

Delete:

C:\Users<YOURNAME>\Documents\my games\skyrim\Skryim.ini
C:\Users<YOURNAME>\Documents\my games\skyrim\SkryimPrefs.ini

Launch Skyrim via SkyrimLauncher.exe to automatically create new ini files.

That was actually one of the first fixes I found and tried and even tried again after you suggested it. Still giving me the error: Failed to Initialize Renderer. So the problem seems to lie elsewhere.

Um… Did you check for the Driver updates? I’ve just read a guide about this issue. As this guide says:

This error can be caused by the graphics card driver issue. It helps in the communication between the video card and games and programs.

For the complete guide go to the WinErrorFixer .com and search for the Skyrim Failed to Initialize Renderer. Click on the first link and you will able to read the guide.

Hey, can’t you just me give the link?

I am afraid, I can not. I mean I tried but this forum wouldn’t let me do this.

Anyway, I finally managed to find driver updates for my video card and installed them. Now I’m not getting the Failed to initialize Renderer message anymore.

I appreciate the help.

I’m glad I was able to help.