3 Likes

there is also multiplay for morrowind :smiley:

2 Likes

drm takedown from zenimax on its first day :slight_smile:
(would be fun)

2 Likes

And then a $50 creation club version shortly after :slight_smile:

8 Likes

With the help of a buddy we can finally complete all the missions!

1 Like

but wait was i wrong?

the skyrim coop got taken down by zenimax from steam workshop.

Ive been a nexuxmod guy the whole time. You are inline to be rite but :slight_smile:

They will sell it as Bethesda workshop poop…
Just like the heartfire dlc… Popular mod turned dlc… Sold for money…
PS: damn, I haven’t even red the previous statements and guessed it :smiley:

Interesting, I had not heard about this at all but have since done a very tiny amount of digging.

@anon5205053 they had intended to use the Steam API to do the joining and inviting. They were going torelease it on the steam store but both of these required direct install access to the Skyrim folder under steam. Valve could not grant this and directed them to ask Bethesda. Fearing a shutdown they were actually praised and given the go ahead as long as they kept it 100% free to use and self hosted everything.

So they were not given access to the steam install, it will not use the steam api and will not go on the steam store but they are now encouraged to finish the mod that they have the nod from Bethesda.

@psycho_666 looks like no. But Bethesda do recognise the work put in re-engineering the game to work like they want. So while this will go ahead as I tended they might just end up working for Bethesda, but that is just speculation.

Now as to zenimax and if they will torpedo this only time will tell.

1 Like

oy vey

I’ve seen zaric zhakaron play TES3 multiplayer with the new engine that’s being built. I think it’s called OpenMW. If it’s persistent, regardless of the game, it would be weird. Then again, it could work in an odd sort of way. Apparently there is a lot of hackery going on in these multiplayer mods but OpenMW supports this.

1 Like