Sinks $%#& air tag review

ordered (forgot they came out today april 30 2021) and they arrived in a hour

unboxing was simple and the stickers on the bag came right off for those who collect apple cult crap (me)

air pod pro case for scale

super mirror and already finger prints sorry got bad nails was just in the garden

threw it in the wallet with the keys not coming with a strap or anything is a horrible loss of feature like YOU WONT LOSE IT but its not going to be fun to keep track of

i will review the tile tag and card soon as well family just handed me them after explaining why i got the air tag

set up was seam less following the included instructions needing ios 14.5 to use the tag i needed to update

pull the battery pull tag and it will tell the phone to update update took about 30 minutes because release day

set up was 3 taps on my phone and then i tested it BEEPS LOUD and then asking family to hide it and going to the mail box it lead me right to the LOUD BEEPING and my dog was wooing and crying at the hidden tag making that helpful to know

all in all ease of install 9/10
not having a holder 8/10
cost 29$ free 1 hour shipping (should cost but i wasn’t charged) 5/10 because i will need to buy a holder which doubles the cost
using the find my app was a breeze 10/10 for ecosystem

in the end the need of a holder kills this unless you a a deep apple fan tile still is the way to go i hate not having a holder in box or it be the holder

7/10
sinks shit review

2 Likes

I bought my m in law normal and wallet tiles for birthday in March - will add impressions from her soonish :slight_smile:

1 Like

They didn’t even put a hole innit for a loop or ring or anything? Why? That crazy. And you say you have to buy a holder that casts as much again… Getting flashbacks of the monitor stand.

3 Likes

29.00 when the air tag is 29.99

there are 3rd party already way cheaper but why not just build it in i found a old compass im gonna hot glue it in

this plus a 300$ charm is the stand

3 Likes

Wow that is beyond stupid of them. I literally can’t even right now.

2 Likes

i have some tiles after these arrived they said they had some so i will be reviewing and comparing

2 Likes

@Eden you wanted a review i will update in time and will compare to tiles

1 Like

Something is seriously wrong with that 299 USD Hermes thingy…

2 Likes

It’s a luxury fashion brand for rich people. It’s just funny because it’s the same name as a shitty delivery company in the UK

6 Likes

I know. We have that stupid brand of bag makers here as well. I find the price wasteful…

2 Likes

Tile tags work great. Will reply in 3 years to report on battery life :grinning:

They beep loud and clear. Not so loud that the deaf can hear them but you’ll be able to hear it if you forgot your wallet in the clothes hamper in the basement.

1 Like

If you’re handy, you can always drill an hole like iFixit did :wink:

2 Likes

I’m surprised the Hermès is that cheap tbh. Aren’t their handbags like $20k?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.