Since this morning

on firefox in linux /centos VM
cleared cache
tried ctrl+F5

cant figure out to screenshot in a proxmox vm over the network so I can paste the picture here …

The Print Screen key would work lol.

1 Like

theres a ghost image of the drop down notifications that is taking up space on the page before I clikc my profile avatar…

Well its not for me… yet… let me email the pic to my self …brb

not clikcing on my avatar…

1 Like

clicking my avatar…

The new column is something in the works, it’s a bit funny at the moment. I’ll update shortly with details if no one else does.

WIP

1 Like

For future reference, you can press the prt sc button and then ctrl+V into the reply window to upload the screenshot directly to your post.

1 Like

I can only guess you are on a 4:3 screen ratio for the forum window. Give them some time we are on rolling release after all.

not working in this instance…

its a vm over proxmox using the webgui console

Can that GHOST sidebar be hidden?

Its killing my eyes to see all the content be mashed up against the left side of the screen

I think that feature only works on Windows. I don’t have that functionality on my physical Ubuntu system.

Im pretty sure I’ve used print screen key on linux before… but I dont think the print screen key is being passed over the webgui console into the VM correctly/at-all… in my case.

Probably isn’t. Just wanted to report that printscreen, at least in Gnome, doesn’t save the screenshot to the clipboard for copy/paste.

1 Like

I have a 1920x1200 display, but always have my browser windows at ~1000…1200 pixels wide - unless I visit a misbehaving site that expects a 16:9 window :frowning: . Introducing this sort of permanent side elements (that are not hidden for narrow windows) may not be such a good idea, since the main functionality - the table of the threads - gets less space and the columns get cramped.

Same problem in Vivaldi on Win7
Looks wierd and is confusing

1 Like

The sidebar is particularly problematic on screens with lower horizontal resolution. Thread subjects have such little space that they get squished down into 7-8 rows. This is very evident on an iPad, rendering the site largely unusable there.

If you want to keep the sidebar (and my vote would be against if this were a democracy), it should be responsive so it disappears when the horizontal resolution is less than say 1200 pixels or so. Alternatively, could hide the users/replies/views columns to free up enough space to see thread subjects.

I have no
idea as
to what
you
mean by
that

3 Likes

SleepySadAegeancat-max-1mb

1 Like

well guys now it should be fixed right ? Because we are now all on the mobile version of the forum …