Side Missions and Your Opinion

So I just finished Deux Ex : Mankind Divided total of 68 hours invested in the game and the credits are rolling off the screen, so I didn't do but a few of the side missions, stayed on the basic story path and of course you can't go back and do any of the side missions at this point you are left with starting a new game and playing through again.

I know it is how the game was built, you do the side missions as you go along before doing bigger events, but in contrast I have way more than twice the time in game in JC3 and have completed about half the game and complete most side missions at my own pace.

I feel a little let down by the way the game was built, most games I can squeeze 100-200 hrs of game-play out of them which gives me a feeling of good value for the money I paid, I like to finish most games if it is engaging, fun to play, and I did enjoy Mankind Divided so will go back and replay it doing the side missions as they come up this time, but the feeling of discovery will be lost since I've already finished the game and know how/what to do to finish the main story.

Anyone else feel let down by a game that you finished too quickly?

The side missions in Deus Ex games: Depending on if you chose to finish them and how you chose to finish them affects the ending of the game, so that might explain the developers choice to lock certain quests after a point in the game.

2 Likes