Should we buy some wine for the news?

Ive noticed there have been a few news episodes that Krista and Ryan are drinking wine. Because Im a lil bit of a wine snob being South Australia(we have mos of the worlds best beer and wine) and the fact i work in a bottle-o I was thinking maybe of sending some descent Alcohol! Im thinking some nice reds, maybe a sparkling red and some beer.

If anyone else is intereseted just post below. I looked at postage Its gonna cost me 120$ AUD to send it ontop of the price of the alcohol but i can get discount on the plonk so will be ok! :smile:

2 Likes

I work at a winery in WA, I can get some bottles for you

1 Like

Should we buy some wine for the news

• Yes
  • No
  • :thinking:

0 voters

The question is how many bottles can we have delivered on the same day

2 Likes

If anybody does, be careful shipping wine to them. Don’t want the state to seize and crush perfectly good wine.

From Wine Spectator:

Kentucky Prohibitively limited winery direct shipping. Kentucky residents may have wine shipped to them from small wineries making 50,000 gallons of wine or less per year, except in dry counties, however, common carriers (FedEx, UPS) will not deliver to Kentucky. Retailer shipping prohibited.

Which one? I work somewhere in the three tier system too.

EDIT: Oh wait, WA=Western Australia in your case, right? I was thinking WA=Washington. Still curious though.

Yeah the Australian one (we have a knack for uncreative place names in this country).

Anyway I work at West Cape Howe.

Most states generally have very strict limitations on shipment of alcohol, because of this, shipping them wine is nigh impossible. Furthermore, they aren’t drinkers and have no intention of becoming drinkers. So because of that, they probably wouldn’t accept the shipments even if they were legally possible.

Full disclosure; I voted we should ship them more alcohol if possible regardless of the legality or their acceptance of said beverages, because I do enjoy the drunk news far more than regular news.

1 Like

Don’t ship wine during the summer. If it’s in the back of a hot truck for even several hours, it will go bad.

I lost a case to a 3 hour layover in Phoenix once.

1 Like

The way to do it would be to find a winery that can ship to them and make an order to their address.

1 Like

Could also just have it shipped to someone who lives out of state and just do a manual delivery as a “Gift”

1 Like

If there is a well trusted member of community willing to I’d gladly send it to them if possible

1 Like

I have quite a lot of family who lives in the state in which L1 resides… unfortunately I’m not close with them.

Living in Adelaide we have Shaw and Smith as well as bird and hand. We have the prancing pony with the red IPA that won world’s best beer aswell