Should i upgrade my cpu?

im currently using a ryzen 5 2600 cpu and a b450 tomahawk board, and a msi gaming z rtx 2070 video card, is it worth it to upgrade to the ryzen 5 3600?? or should i wait for zen 3 to come out?? im confused, dont know if i should upgrade or not??

No.

5 Likes

It sounds like you have a nice system, I have a similar setup actually (Ryzen 5 2600, prime b450 plus, Vega 56) and for the games i play, the resolution I play at (1080p) and the workload I do which isn’t video editing or anything crazy, It’s perfect. Solid 60 frames on ultra or high everywhere, no CPU bottlenecking, not even close.

Do you feel you’re not getting good performance out of your system now? Is the work you do limited by your cpu? Is the cost worth the expected performance?

I personally feel my 2600 is perfect for what I do and play, and won’t upgrade for at least a few more years when the 3000 series is dirt cheap.

Is this the third thread? I’d say the advice in the other two threads is still good.

1 Like

If you have disposable income, you can spend it on anything you want that makes you happy. If a new CPU + mobo makes you happy, you should probably buy it.

Is it practical? No.
Will you have buyers remorse? Likely.
Should you do it anyway? Sure!

1 Like

you have a good point. i was having stuttering issues while gaming, i thought it was the cpu. but i reloaded windows 10 first and that fixed it. so im going to return the 3600 and get my money back. the 2600 plays all the games i play which are mostly AAA games.

:point_up_2:

On the danger on giving OP ideas, but what about good headphones?

1 Like

Thats a rabit hole on its own. Soon you’ll get the OP addicted to AMPs, DACs and all its non-sense. I myself settled for a cheaper IEM because I’m still poor. But soon… Hahahaha

1 Like

Do not make multiple threads on the same subject, feel free to bump your previous thread.